[PGT] Canucks at Kings

42 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

I loved what I saw from podz. Hope he isn't traded. Unleash the podz!!!

If they don’t want to give up another 1st, he’s our best piece to get Guentzel (still not enough on his own). I’d really like to keep Podz, especially if the extra piece is just a rental. Already we don’t have a 1st, 2nd and 5th this year and (I think) no second next year. Prospect pool is now better than under JB but ranked 18th and we only have 2 high-end guys (willander and Lekki).   ……. ….     

• Cheers 1

Just now, steviewonder20 said:

If they don’t want to give up another 1st, he’s our best piece to get Guentzel (still not enough on his own). I’d really like to keep Podz, especially if the extra piece is just a rental. Already we don’t have a 1st, 2nd and 5th this year and (I think) no second next year. Prospect pool is now better than under JB but ranked 18th and we only have 2 high-end guys (willander and Lekki).   ……. ….     

We won't trade Lekkermaki.   Willander maybe.   He's aways away yet.   They are still active on finding a pair for EP.    Podz's ceiling isn't top line anymore.   Middle six.  

8 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Wow they were slow to mention that eh? And what a beaut of an assist! When Miller fed him he could have been selfish but he put it right back on Miller. They deserve each other! Never break this duo!

28 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

If Podz is the sacrificial asset that has to leave to get fat Phil into the line up, it will be a sad day for the team. He's seen his best days and has nothing to offer

except maybe help coaching in Abbotsford. 

Everyone saw the speed of the game last night and the effort we put in to beat the Kings, (Damn fine job too), and then put washed up, overweight Kesell in there.

LOL.  Be a huge mistake. 

It's just temporary 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We won't trade Lekkermaki.   Willander maybe.   He's aways away yet.   They are still active on finding a pair for EP.    Podz's ceiling isn't top line anymore.   Middle six.  

I think you are wrong on Podz. Look at Hoglander? he was in the same place last year. This year, scoring top goals on lower lines 5v5. Like at some point you got to admit they have skills and play better with better.

Podz should be on Petey's left.

11 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think you are wrong on Podz. Look at Hoglander? he was in the same place last year. This year, scoring top goals on lower lines 5v5. Like at some point you got to admit they have skills and play better with better.

Podz should be on Petey's left.

Middle six isn't a swear word.   That's pretty darn good.  His floor is very high too.   Think Pearson.   Not a bad career right? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

you didnt notice Brock? you just listen to the media or did you watch the game?

Dude I’ve been pumping Boesers tires all season. Boeser isnt in the same category as Miller, Pettersson, Hughes and Demko. These guys can be top players in the league when they are on. Boeser taking a night or 2 off vs any one of those other players is nowhere near as crippling. I love Boeser and have been defending his game heavily after Tocchet took over and I said 2 years ago this would be his big break out season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Middle six isn't a swear word.   That's pretty darn good.  His floor is very high too.   Think Pearson.   Not a bad career right? 

Well are you of the group that thinks Petey is second line? then yeah....

for some reason Petterson is often listed as the top line and thats where Podz should be playing.

For sure, I consider Miller Boeser Anyone actually the top line, for now anyways. I know Petey will eventually be the top line, but thats still years away.

4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Canuck You : Woooooooooooo Hell Effin' yeah!! We won the cuppp!!, Pop the Champaign baby!

@IBatch : it's routine for Boston.

Boston can die a slow death, and enjoy, what I hope, is a long time of mediocrity, followed by a decade of endless Buffalo style rebuilding. 

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

Well are you of the group that thinks Petey is second line? then yeah....

for some reason Petterson is often listed as the top line and thats where Podz should be playing.

For sure, I consider Miller Boeser Anyone actually the top line, for now anyways. I know Petey will eventually be the top line, but thats still years away.

Call it like it is.   And it doesn't really matter.   1A - 1B.   But yes, this year, JT Miller and Brock are the first line.   Fully expect, there will be a transitory period where that moves over.   Not part of a group though.   Remember the days when   Linden Ronning Courtnall were the first line, and when that changed and Linden centres  Bure Adam's   (moving from the wing for the team, someone had to handle Otto) yet Ronnings line still brought it.    And Ronning was a huge part of the Lifeline.    Without it, we were toast.  

And of course the WCE era where we didn't really have a second line (can't have one with guys scoring 30-40 points) , and later when the Sedins grew into the top line role and Kesler was left holding the bag with mostly spare parts.    It's been a very long time, since we've been able to ice a team like this.    Grateful for that. 

Edited by IBatch
  • ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Well technically, we'd be giving away another 1st regardless as Podkolzen was a 10th O/A pick. 

47 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Watching Petey take the bull by the horns and cut to the middle to score that goal was a thing of beauty. I hope he does more of that. 

Juulsen and Zadorov are beasts

Its soo nice have a few physical specimens in defence. Its really required and essential for playoff style hockey.

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Jonathan Thriller Miller

King Killer

A real (Headknocker)team pillar

8 points in his last 5 games...

For some reason the way you worded that, instantly reminded me of a song I had completely forgotten hearing in some time

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

If Kessel shows up I'm boycotting hot dogs.

Please, no.

I am neutral on this

Management is aware of what he has done in the past, and have seen him up close in Abbotsford

I trust their judgement on this, and may be just a lets see him on the big team and insurance (before sent down for more conditioning)?

Good character win and credit to the boys for sticking with it, but....

I honestly don't like being pessimistic, but it still feels like we're watching a different team than we saw prior to the all-star break. That team I expected to win every night and was surprised if they didn't.

The way things are going right now, I have no idea what to expect going into a game. Hopefully the boys shake off whatever malaise has crept into their game and get back to their early season form.

One positive I take away from last night is Petey's play. I think the contract issue really was weighing on him. He looked much more relaxed and played more like the Petey we all know he can be....

• Cheers 2