[PGT] Canucks at Kings

1 hour ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

friggin media. Geez he is amazing on the faceoffs. If he is 'underperforming" at least we can re-sign him cheap and his value will skyrocket when he gets going.

I see everyone's scoring dropping off (outside of the PP guys) as the games tightening up, if you are playing the right way without scoring much and instrumental in wins, I am ok with that, a strong team needs different types of contributions besides goal scorers.

• ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I'm super happy with Juulson, he's so much better than anyone thought he'd be. For him to come back from all his early career setbacks and play a solid game is pretty impressive.

Agree.

Tremendous improvement as the season has gone along.

When we are under pressure in our zone, it is Juulsen on the right side D, that I feel the most confidence in. Not Hronek, Cole, Meyers or Friedman.

Seeing us under pressure and Hronek on the ice actually gives me a sense of foreboding. But that is a different topic.

I've stated it in a different thread, That I would like to see PA be proactive this summer and extend Noah Juulsen, if NJ is amenable.

Could cost us a whole lot more if we wait until next year.

9 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

Semantics my friend. I’m not arguing that Demko’s save was not spectacular. Someone made the point that it was a team win, the stars (Demko included) all doing their part. When I said it was apples and oranges, my point was that If Petey doesn’t score, the save is irrelevant. It was a good team win.

We could go back and forth if you want, but it’s not about being right, because we both are…. right.

Oh, also I am glad you had a chance to chat with Tocchet post game. Next time you see him tell him I said hi, and I think he’s a great coach!

I didn’t talk to Tocchet 

he was on 650 as he often is when they replay his post game interview

Good lord 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Combover said:

They didn’t play the trap when they won. 
5 guys standing in the neutral zone was NJs bore the teams and the fans  out of the building system.

It worked for NJ but it doesn’t change that it’s shit to watch and probably even worse to play. 

Nah that 2012 cup run were snooze fests 😂

9 hours ago, JamesB said:

Great year to be a Canuck fan. Nice to see the team actually come through in important games late in the season.

Late comments.

1. The game was close on the scoreboard and went to OT. So the game could have gone either way with a bounce here or there. But the Canucks were the better team by a significant margin. LA had an edge in the first period, but the Canucks played excellent hockey in the second and third periods, and in OT. The shot totals were fairly close (31-24). Corsi totals were more one-sided (65-45). But high danger chances were completely one-sided (16-3). In expected goals the Canucks had twice as much: 2.62 - 1.32. The Canucks deserved this win and if they play like this consistently will win most of the time from here on out.

2. The Canuck D played a tight game, again. But Demmer still had to come up with some huge saves, including his game-saving "catch" on Turcotte late in the third period. Nice to see him back in the groove.

3. The Canuck stars came up big as Petey, Hughes, and Miller all had great games (and so did Hogs). Hoglander, Miller, and Hughes were top 3 on the team in expected goals percentage. Hoggy has played with Petey for stretches at several times and was always dangerous offensively. The problem was that he was also dangerous defensively, and not in a good way. It is great to see that (thanks in large part to Tocchet) he has improved his defensive play to the point were playing him on a line with Petey makes sense. That line was excellent again tonight (with Suter on the other side).

4. On the LA goal, Hronek made two bad plays and Mik lost a puck battle. Everyone makes mistakes and Hronek is very good, but not as good as his numbers would suggest as he gets a huge boost from playing with Hughes. He will be looking for an overpayment this summer. It might make sense to trade him in the summer while his value is high.

5. As for Mik, I have run out of things to say. He has been unlucky but he also has not been anywhere near as good as people hoped or expected. I am not sure how much of it is attributable to his injury as he should be pretty much recovered by now and his problem is not lack of speed. Still hoping for a turnaround.

6.  I continue to be impressed by how much Juulsen improved this year. And it was good to see Soucy back.

Overall, great character win. The Canucks now have 87 points. In 2015-16, Minnesota made the playoffs with 87 points. It will take quite a bit more this year (I am guessing 95), but the Canucks are closing in and they still have 18 games to go. 

James, another great summary.

Agree with all 6 of your points.

Point number 4 may be a topic worthy of it's own thread.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Artemus said:

James, another great summary.

Agree with all 6 of your points.

Point number 4 may be a topic worthy of it's own thread.

point 4 can wait till summer. Lets GO! No UFA talk needed till summer. Let them all try to earn a spot on the team!

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Quinn Hughes is not even in his prime years yet. He might get 60+ assists for the next 7-8 more years. Crazy. 

It would be interesting to see Hughes or Makar win the scoring title. Not sure if that will ever happen again.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

Well are you of the group that thinks Petey is second line? then yeah....

for some reason Petterson is often listed as the top line and thats where Podz should be playing.

For sure, I consider Miller Boeser Anyone actually the top line, for now anyways. I know Petey will eventually be the top line, but thats still years away.

There is a big difference between someone who thinks a player who has 399 career points in 389 games is a second line player, and someone who thinks a player who has 33 points in 120 games is a middle 6 player. So in other words no that is not what he is saying.