[PGT] Canucks at Kings

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Johansen just got moved, there's hope yet....

That's interesting!   

Should be an interesting 48hrs! Still wondering if they move one of our 3rd/4th liners like A-Man or image.jpeg.24781d9d8b05c2bc6e71986bb53e97c8.jpeg  ?

2 hours ago, BCNate said:

That is the type of game that a guys like Lindholm really helps to have.  A tight checking solid defensive centre is huge against heavy teams in  games.

I agree with your last statement - SO - where has Lind-🏚️been during those last several games ???????????????

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

We could, but we aren't going to... he'll be our insurance, and the fact we can rotate our bottom 4 at least matters big time...

He's old and certainly tired these days - BUT - it will be hard to find a half descent replacement for him for the $$$'s we pay him now.     Unless JR pulls off some multi-player deal and swings in a half-descent replacement for him.   At this point, maybe we just ride him thru to the playoffs and try to give him less ice time once Chaos-Giraffe returns.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree with your last statement - SO - where has Lind-🏚️been during those last several games ???????????????

I thought he was very good last night and vs Seattle.  Points haven't been there, but he has been good defensively and has won nearly all his dzone faceoffs.

9 hours ago, 43isprime said:

Hughes was an absolute stud once again. Drove play like he's done the entire season. Whether it's 3 points or 0 points, he brings it every night and puts our team in positions to score. Incredible player. 

He put on a clinic last night 

he was an unstoppable force 

12 hours ago, Pears said:

I've been saying all things considered, we're still a young team learning how to win. So far we've shown we're up to the task. 

Future looks bright my friend 

the future looks bright 

The Original Series GIF by Star Trek

3 hours ago, Artemus said:

Agree.

Tremendous improvement as the season has gone along.

When we are under pressure in our zone, it is Juulsen on the right side D, that I feel the most confidence in. Not Hronek, Cole, Meyers or Friedman.

Seeing us under pressure and Hronek on the ice actually gives me a sense of foreboding. But that is a different topic.

I've stated it in a different thread, That I would like to see PA be proactive this summer and extend Noah Juulsen, if NJ is amenable.

Could cost us a whole lot more if we wait until next year.

luckily we have Juuls for another year at league minimum. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We dominated! High danger chances were 14-3 for our great club. Kings play puck sucker hockey. That’s what clubs do who lack elite players. 

Like the Minnesota wild of days gone by when Jacques Lemaire was their coach they had Marian Gaborik - fuck did I ever hate that team especially when they came back and beat us in seven games in the playoffs that was the worst

13 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

The same type Garland wears? After what happened to that guy in the UK I would think we’d be better than calling out guys for wearing life saving protection.

It didn't look like a neck guard? 

It looked like a legit turtleneck

11 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Mate, really…?  It’s a neck guard protection. Better safe than getting into a freak life-threatening accident with a skate blade to the neck.. 

Guys take it easy. 

In no way would I make fun of a neck guard

I legit thought it was a turtle neck.... Sheesh

12 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

He's old and certainly tired these days - BUT - it will be hard to find a half descent replacement for him for the $$$'s we pay him now.     Unless JR pulls off some multi-player deal and swings in a half-descent replacement for him.   At this point, maybe we just ride him thru to the playoffs and try to give him less ice time once Chaos-Giraffe returns.

I can easily see some rotation being the order of the day come play off time. Minor injury, slight loss of form, fatigue etc. we need 7-8 d men ready to play. 
He is going nowhere...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

I can easily see some rotation being the order of the day come play off time. Minor injury, slight loss of form, fatigue etc. we need 7-8 d men ready to play. 
He is going nowhere...

Agree, I don't think many teams would trade for him straight up anyhow, given the way he's played the last month, his old age and $3M salary.

• Cheers 1

I'm going to speak my mind. 

If Mik never gets his speed back, canucks have to dump him. 

I honestly don't remember the last time he won a race for the puck. 

He was an intelligent defensive player with mediocre offensive skills. It was only due to his speed that we even contemplate putting him in a top 6 role. Without speed, he's a 1.75m bottom 6 player without a doubt. 

He's not the reason we win or lose though

We won the game because Petey and Miller scored. 

This team goes as those 2 go. 

We can assume Hughes will be elite every night and we need him to be. 

Whether we beat the top teams though is dependant on both Petey and Miller playing well. We may only need one to show up against soft teams but against the top teams, both Miller and Petey need to show up. 

Also Soucy is solid. Glad he's back. Our team record with him in the lineup is unreal. 

Edited by CanucksJay

15 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Agree, I don't think many teams would trade for him straight up anyhow, given the way he's played the last month, his old age and $3M salary.

1 more year after this season ? 

18 hours ago, igorwasgreat said:

1 more year after this season ? 

Hmmm, that's a tough one.  At his present salary NO - but if he drops his salary and accepts significant TOI time reduction on a 3rd pair role again - maybe - if we can't find anyone else to replace him.

17 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Hmmm, that's a tough one.  At his present salary NO - but if he drops his salary and accepts significant TOI time reduction on a 3rd pair role again - maybe - if we can't find anyone else to replace him.

My comment was not clear , I should have asked , does he have 1 more year left in his contract ? I could google but I prefer the human interaction.

10 hours ago, igorwasgreat said:

My comment was not clear , I should have asked , does he have 1 more year left in his contract ? I could google but I prefer the human interaction.

Oh - got it!     No, this is his last year.  He's one of 5 of our defencemen on expiring contracts in 6 weeks.

• Cheers 1