[Trade] Panthers Acquire Vladimir Tarasenko From Senators

3 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Man that would suck to finish first in the west and draw Vegas (with Mark stone ready to go in game 1).

agreed. If mgmt is expecting this then there’s the impetus to load up because that will be a tough matchup 

34 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeesh... FLA is a powerhouse.

EDIT:

Hmmm... the product on the ice looks good.  I mean, they're 1st OA in the league, but does this defence group get it done for the Panthers?

Forsling-Ekblad

Mikkola-Montour

OEL-Kulikov

I'm sure their fans look at our team, and worry about that eventuality too.    Barkov is a freaking beast.   Not overly concerned about MT and his antics.    Or Bobrovsky duplicating what he did last season.   Definitely not scared of them acquiring Tarasenko. 

25 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Man that would suck to finish first in the west and draw Vegas (with Mark stone ready to go in game 1).

It worked out in my vision so obviously it didn’t suck…. And that bubble playoff series if I recall we held up ok in a 7 game series, now fast forward to this group with the D core we have built, emergence of Huggy to another level and the forward group we have assembled, there is no team I think Vancouver can’t compete with in the West and beat them in a 7 game series.  This team is destined to do exactly what is envisioned in my pic above.

Fear no one, we impose the fear!

Go Canucks! :towel:

1 minute ago, NucksIn50 said:

It worked out in my vision so obviously it didn’t suck…. And that bubble playoff series if I recall we held up ok in a 7 game series, now fast forward to this group with the D core we have built, emergence of Huggy to another level and the forward group we have assembled, there is no team I think Vancouver can’t compete with in the West and beat them in a 7 game series.  This team is destined to do exactly what is envisioned in my pic above.

Fear no one, we impose the fear!

Go Canucks! :towel:

Also in terms of the way Vegas is playing they are not even guaranteed a wild card spot. Do I think they can hold on - sure but they better start playing some meaningful games ( obviously after we kick their ass tomorrow) 

Go Canucks :towel:

Cheap acquisition where was our GM…hopefully he is not Benning 2.0 hyper focused on a single player and losing out on cheaper trade options like Tarasenko and Mantha…

Lindholm ain’t staying in Vancouver after these leaks of us looking to move him to our rival the bruins…

fingers crossed we just stay put and do a minor add or two and do NOT go big game hunting!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Viking said:

Cheap acquisition where was our GM…hopefully he is not Benning 2.0 hyper focused on a single player and losing out on cheaper trade options like Tarasenko and Mantha…

Lindholm ain’t staying in Vancouver after these leaks of us looking to move him to our rival the bruins…

fingers crossed we just stay put and do a minor add or two and do NOT go big game hunting!

Dont necessarily view it as losing out. Better fits elsewhere 

More than likely Tarasenko wanted to go to Florida, he had a full NTC and likely used it to dictate his destination 

That's lively why the return is low, this trade isn't necessarily an indicator of trade market value

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

He's an older, slower Tarasenko who doesn't play any defense. His offense is still decent and that's got value but it's not likely a LOT more than say Phil Kessel for some perspective. Plus trade clause limits negotiation.

He didn't help the rangers, didn't help the sens, might be the weak link on a solid panthers team though

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Is mikkola good ?

that d corps doesn’t scare anyone 

Mikkola has been a very pleasant surprise for Florida. He was signed to anchor their 3rd pairing but had ended up trading off with OEL for the final top 4 spot. He's been their most physical defenseman while proving very steady defensive play. Ekblad took on some of his PK time when he came back, but Mikkola has still been used quite heavily on the PK all season.