[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Flip Lindholm for assets to use for Guentzel, sign Johansen for cheap once he clears waivers?

Seems unlikely Johansen would agree to terminate his current deal, he'll get his 8M per regardless of where he is 

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, RJCF96 said:

Benning is truly a moron among all morons.

If we just re-signed Tanev and Toffoli 4 years ago, we would be in a much better position now. Fucking moron.

Hey, he ran out time. Happens to the best of us.

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Seems unlikely Johansen would agree to terminate his current deal, he'll get his 8M per regardless of where he is 

Philly just put him on waivers, so I'm assuming that's the reason for that. 

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Capfriendly has us already using most of poolman's ltir. Mik is 4.75 for full season, 1 mn left

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

Def be nice to move mik

Moving Mik frees up the cap hit.  We don't need to prorate Mik's cap hit remaining if we move him.  Even if we did, it's all the same as we would prorate any player we brought in too then.

So $1,091,250 + $4,750,000 (Mik) = $5,841,250

4 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Oddly they have been better defensively. I think a part of that is their offense driving the play which is leading to a little less defensive pressure. They've never been a doubt offensively, but Bouchard, Ceci, Desharnais, Ekholm, Kulak, and Nurse as a defensive core doesn't instill much confidence in me especially for the playoffs.

That's a fair take, but some would argue the best defense is a stout offense 

Guess we'll see, but it's hard to count a McDavid/Draisaitl led Oilers team out of any series 

Just now, Pears said:

Philly just put him on waivers, so I'm assuming that's the reason for that. 

Termination has to be mutual I'm pretty sure, don't see why he'd walk away from next season's money for the opportunity to make less. 

They're probably just hoping some other team grabs him. 

20 minutes ago, ngoway said:

No shade against Henrique as he'll definitely improve them. The Oilers biggest issue has been defense and I would have spent their first to improve that over their forwards. 

As for Colorado, they just got more solid defensively with Walker and then even better offensively with Mittelstadt.

Classically I would have agreed with you. They sit 8th in expected goals against which isn't bad. They have the 2nd fewest shots against behind Carolina, and 2nd fewest high danger shots against behind Seattle. 

Maybe the oilers are for real this year? 

Who am I kidding the oilers suck pucks and wont win anything with Mcbabywhiner and Dribaby. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Guess we'll see, but it's hard to count a McDavid/Draisaitl led Oilers team out of any series 

Soilers will lose in round one and McWhiner will put on a side show. All will make sport of him and the Coiler fans. It will be fun! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

Flip Lindholm for assets to use for Guentzel, sign Johansen for cheap once he clears waivers?

You can't sign someone after they clear waivers. His contract would have to be terminated with his permission... he isn't walking away from that money. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Soilers will lose in round one and McWhiner will put on a side show. All will make sport of him and the Coiler fans. It will be fun! 

We shall see. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

100% We'll see how far McDavid and Draisaitl can take that team. As good as they are, playoff games are always so physical and tight on checking. They haven't been able to succeed fully in the playoffs yet, and I hope that continues 🤣

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Good trade for Buffalo, I feel like they sold high on Middlestadt and bought low on Byram. Will probably have one of the best D cores in the league in a few years.

I hope youre right. I would love to see our sister club finally crawl out of the basement. Seems like they've been in the dark ages forever. I feel like they have the pieces to be contenders in a few years but it always seems to be one step fwd one back for Buff. 

Just now, ngoway said:

100% We'll see how far McDavid and Draisaitl can take that team. As good as they are, playoff games are always so physical and tight on checking. They haven't been able to succeed fully in the playoffs yet, and I hope that continues 🤣

They haven't, but with the Draisaitl and McDavid extensions looming sooner than later they need to be all-in pretty much every season

Only one team wins the cup a year, they've got as good a shot as any

Way it stands, the only western team I would be surprised to see go deep is Nashville 

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Classically I would have agreed with you. They sit 8th in expected goals against which isn't bad. They have the 2nd fewest shots against behind Carolina, and 2nd fewest high danger shots against behind Seattle. 

Maybe the oilers are for real this year? 

Who am I kidding the oilers suck pucks and wont win anything with Mcbabywhiner and Dribaby. 

Definitely two of the biggest whiners around. I sure hope it's just another year for them where they're ousted in the playoffs. 

It's not their year, it's our year 😏

1 minute ago, ngoway said:

Definitely two of the biggest whiners around. I sure hope it's just another year for them where they're ousted in the playoffs. 

It's not their year, it's our year 😏

I hope we have to opportunity to pack their bags for them. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

If we just re-signed Tanev and Toffoli 4 years ago, we would be in a much better position now. Fucking moron.

But why have tanev and toffoli when you can have Eriksson, beagle and Roussel?

2 hours ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I did this last year on CDC and it ended up being about 100 pages long, so I figured I'd try it again this time around. 

Who do we walk away with on Friday? Guentzel? Duhaime? Giroux? Greenway? 

Discuss!

Apparently, according to JR, Podkolzin's move to Abbotsford is just paper. Something about Abby getting ready for playoffs.

2 hours ago, ngoway said:

Agreed. I'd rather Hoglander and Podkolzin both stay. I like Bains, but out of the three, if there's interest on him he's the one I'm most willing to move at the moment.

Bains isn't netting us anything significant.

17 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Tanev was aging and Toffoli was 30ish. Would you sign them to long term contracts? It's easy to criticize, but maybe they could've been bad contracts?

Then people will be quick to say Benning is a moron for signing those contracts.

22 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

The highlighted part is all you need to post.

The rest is fill in the blanks.. could be a list of 100 things... but not even getting around to making Toffoli an offer is in the top 10 for sure.  

Ran out of time lol... was too busy scratching his ass..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Tanev was aging and Toffoli was 30ish. Would you sign them to long term contracts? It's easy to criticize, but maybe they could've been bad contracts?

Then people will be quick to say Benning is a moron for signing those contracts.

Nah he was always a top tier moron. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Toffoli turned 28 at the end of that season. He's 31 right now.