[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

So if the Guentzel deal happens as has been speculated. It'd be a 1st, Podkolzin, Brzutewicz, Jurmo, and a 4th for Guentzel. Gotta say, that looks like an absolute haul. If he re-signs relatively cheaply I can vibe with it. Or if we win it all. If he doesn't re-sign and/or we lose. That package for Guentzel would be pretty close to an unmitigated disaster. I can live with Brzustewicz and a 1st just to dump Kuzy's cap and get one good run with Lindholm. Losing Podkolzin on top of it for a scoring winger instead of a two way C? It just starts to get really expensive for one potential run that can end as soon as 1 top 6C gets injured.

he won't resign. He wants to be in pitts. him and crosby are close. He's just not signed for leverage is my guess.

Edited by Bardown

3 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Sorry, the clip I watched was only 1 - 2 minutes.... that must be the longer version.

Basically

1. Confirmed that he heard the Lindholm 3 way rumor had substance and there were talks.

2. What else would Vancouver need to add to make it happen?  Are they really interested in adding additional pieces like Podz or Hoglander to make it happen?  Unlikely. 

3. Would Vancouver / Vegas love to have Guetnzel?  Obviously.  Are they that desperate to give up a huge price for him? Probably not.

4. Could a lot of this be buzz from Pittsburgh brass trying to inflate the market for Guentzel, whose asking price is very high. In actuality, it doesn't appear that other teams are willing to meet it as they view him as a rental (consistent with other external reports / speculation I've read about today).

I feel like the Guentzel price is similar to what the Chychrun price was before he was eventually traded for a 1st and two 2nds. 

The price in Guentzel is high right now, but as teams pass on the high price, the price will come down.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I have fears about this management group doing something foolish like reading Hogs, Podz or one of our 4 young star prospects for a rental.

Lindholm is already rumoured to be on the way out and he'd need to go with something to get back something comparable that works.  A bit unnerving really 

they're smart...yes we all have ptsd from Benning but I trust them not to mortgage the future, they've shown thus far the are smart enough not to do so.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Well well well 👀

When the statement starts with an "IF" and the word "imagine" is used in the statement, it's purely speculation.

Just now, Bardown said:

he won't resign. He wants to be in pitts. him and crosby are close

That's what my thoughts are too honestly. Like, without any re-sign protection in a trade we are giving up a lot for a scoring winger rental, and they can't do re-sign trade conditions anymore. They can take Mik and Podz for Guentzel. But not Lindholm and Podz. Only way I take another rental for a good young piece is if another bad contract leaves. Losing Podz stings less if we use it to dump Mik and get a good rental piece. Otherwise I'd rather just stand pat or find a cheap bottom 6 addition.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Guessing a 3rd and a 5th, asking price is a second for Zucker with retention

Why though?  Even at 50%, Zucker is $2.65M... for 9 goals on the season???

4 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Guessing a 3rd and a 5th, asking price is a second for Zucker with retention

Zucker would be fine at the right cost, give em like a 4th

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, HKSR said:

When the statement starts with an "IF" and the word "imagine" is used in the statement, it's purely speculation.

Exactly.  Guys like Riccio and Sat obviously have access to the insiders for interviews, but I have no reason to believe either of them are actual insiders.  A lot of what they say is pure speculation which they phrase it in such a way that it looks like they have inside access... sort of a "fake it til you make it" situation.

1 minute ago, Bardown said:

Boston is the perfect spot for Lindholm in a 3 way. Their second line center is Charlie Coyle. 1c is a Zacha and he's only putting up points because he plays with Pasta. Lindholm could literally be their 1c

Totally agree on the Boston front, but I get stuck on what they would be willing to give up in that trade that means anything to Van. I mean, maybe Pitt would be interested in some sort of package Boston could put together so we could take Gentzel of their hands but there really is no reason for Van to add anything to that deal other than Lindholm. C's are worth more than wingers and Lindholm is an all-star caliber one. 

Maybe the hang up here is more so Boston trying to satisfy Pitt? 

At the end of the day I think Van is in an ok position. By getting Lindholm it helped ease the pressure of signing Petey. Now that the Petey contract is in place it gives us flexibility to move Lindholm if the market is right or hold on to a really good 2 way center for a playoff run. 

I cant see the Canucks packaging Hoglander right now.  Hes one of the few aggressive forecheckers on the team which the team needs more of, not less.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bardown said:

they're smart...yes we all have ptsd from Benning but I trust them not to mortgage the future, they've shown thus far the are smart enough not to do so.

100%. JR and PA just signed 3 year contracts. They have no interest in seeing this team take any steps backwards

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

All part of the game to get Dubas nervous that he’s running out of buyers.

Let Rutherford cook.

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Because they are likely looking at offloading a winger in a trade and will need to replace them (PDG, Aman, Hogz(hope not))

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I am glad that Alvin has been active all season long regarding trades. Zadorov, Lindholm, Lafferty would be fetching big returns right now as teams gear up for the playoffs. 

This^

What we paid for Zadorov was thievery. I can't wait to see him cruising around in the playoffs leaning into hits. 

I think we've yet to see the best of Lindholm. I could see.

Lafferty Lindholm Mikheyev 

Become a counterpunching shutdown line. 

Pete needs to find chemistry with someone. It seems like he hasn't really clicked with anyone since Kuzi last year. One thing I think Pete want's is an offensively creative partner. From Goldobin to Kuzmenko. I think he enjoys having a gunslinger on his line. I wonder if Matias Maccelli is available? The kid can sauce. If he were passing to better finishers than Crouse, Bjugstadt his primary assists may be much higher. I don't necessarily think he's a guy Tocchet would say plays "predictable hockey". 3.425M would fit into our cap structure though. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Because they are likely looking at offloading a winger in a trade and will need to replace them (PDG, Aman, Hogz(hope not))

Kessel?

I'd rather trade for Zucker than Guentzel. If the cost of Guentzel is even remotely close to any of the speculation. Losing Hogs or Podz for a one way scoring winger. On top of trading out Lindholm. We aren't improving our roster at that point, long term or short term.

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Exactly.  Guys like Riccio and Sat obviously have access to the insiders for interviews, but I have no reason to believe either of them are actual insiders.  A lot of what they say is pure speculation which they phrase it in such a way that it looks like they have inside access... sort of a "fake it til you make it" situation.

I would almost take Sat's information over Dhaliwal. He is connected and doesn't sensationalize things. He is underrated in this market in that regard.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Kessel?

As much as i like that they are still in on Kessel, I have huge reservations on whether he will even be in a position to be anything more than a 13th forward. I'm happy to be wrong on that though. Would love him to be a factor on the ice as well as in the room. Guy hasn't even played a game for Abby yet.