[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

16 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I saw that tweet about petey-toffoli numbers and lind-toffoli numbers. We could try that, then shift hog to miller. Poz-suter-mik/laff is a solid 4th. Who knows. 

Anything to improve Lindys offensive numbers will be great.   

• Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Because Petey/Miller are trash? 🤔

Crosby by all means is a GOAT...but he's also 36.5 years old. Guentzel has also still performed quite well when not playing with Crosby FWIW. The guy's a legit 1st line winger, Crosby or otherwise.

Crosby has a great year again and his age does not seem to be relevant for now. I am sure it is a big factor in Guentzels career. We will see how good he is very soon. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

I know it's incarcerated bob but EXCUSE ME??

This is a player I'd give up the farm for.  If we could trade Lindholm to Boston for a haul the use those assets for sid...my goodness.  Have him for two years.

if nothing happens soon......aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh

I'm beginning to feel like an ugly bridesmaid..... destined to be without a date

1 minute ago, ronning4center said:

This is a player I'd give up the farm for.  If we could trade Lindholm to Boston for a haul the use those assets for sid...my goodness.  Have him for two years.

I don't think that's a good source

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Well yeah. 

Guentz is going to cost a lot. 

It’s a payment I don’t think PA wants to or needs to pay. 

I don't get the cost and push for Guentzel either. I hope it doesn't happen to be honest.

Just now, JayDangles said:

Talk about "Why buy the milk (Guentzel) when you can buy the whole cow (Crosby!)

What if this little tidbit is why the Guentzel stuff has stalled :classic_ninja:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

3 1sts + d pettey + lind + mik

Huge but you do it. 

On Conor Garland:

https://theathletic.com/5058060/2023/11/13/conor-garland-canucks-canadiens/#

Those are reports that chafe Garland, who tends to be a pretty private person and abhors the notion of being a distraction. While he’s been widely available on the trade market in consecutive offseasons, he never actually tendered a trade request in the first place. He was bemused — but also annoyed — by the notion that his trade request had been rescinded, given that he’d never specifically requested one.

I don't have an Athletic subscription but this article was viewable for me for some reason. Also lol Drance, but at least it's something to point at? Article is rom November 2023.

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

I know it's incarcerated bob but EXCUSE ME??

Whoa, what would Crosby cost?

Hoglander

Lekkerimaki

D-Pettersson

1st (2025)

??

Edit - I guess the cap would have to work out, so maybe VAN sends Garland or Mikheyev as well, and PIT retains. 

Edited by Nucker67

3 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Acquire Toff.  Keep Lindy.  Run 4 lines all day

NH EP SL

IM JT BB

PS EL TT

DJ TB CG

I like the 4 lines idea, but we really have to get Mik out of the top 6, especially if we have Toffoli.  
Mik is offensive cancer. 
We arent winning shit if he is a top 6 winger 

Just now, Pears said:

What if this little tidbit is why the Guentzel stuff has stalled :classic_ninja:

Well one way to ensure we get Guentzels scoring, is we bring Crosby over too! 

Horse Trader Jim might have picked out a pony he likes better.

2 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

3 1sts + d pettey + lind + mik

Huge but you do it. 

Hell no.

3 1sts? It's not 25 year old Crosby, or even 30 year old Crosby. Its 36.5 year old Crosby

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1