[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

8 minutes ago, WiDeN said:

Just type the damn names. I'm not going to look at that. 

That and NOAH HANAFIN plays for the Knights now ... 

image.gif.903c0255b480245ee53f5d390f0711ff.gif

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

I like the 4 lines idea, but we really have to get Mik out of the top 6, especially if we have Toffoli.  
Mik is offensive cancer. 
We arent winning shit if he is a top 6 winger 

I hear ya.  Swapping him and PS isnt a bsd idea.  I hope he can just put his down, skate his ass off and create turnovers.  If he csn do that he might actually help BB/JT.  Ill be curious how he looks tonight vs LVGK

Just now, JayDangles said:

Hell no.

3 1sts? It's not 25 year old Crosby, or even 30 year old Crosby. Its 36.5 year old Crosby

If Sid wants to do a swan song in Canada then Pitt owes him that. The fact that he likes the look of the Canucks is even better. That said the Canucks cannot sell the farm for a player who might only play another 2-3 years. Sid saw Vancouver at our best in the Olympics. Pitt should send Sid to Van just as the Bruins did for Bourke. 

2 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

He's also 30 years old in ovechkin years. Ovechkin is 50 in ovechkin years.

A: Crosby's cap hit is $8.7m.. doesnt matter how many picks you throw away, we cant absorb that hit with your proposal

B: Crosby is only signed through next year, and has an RFA year after that. You would seriously throw away the next 6 years of future picks and prospects for one player offering at best 2 1/4 seasons?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

If Sid wants to do a swan song in Canada then Pitt owes him that. The fact that he likes the look of the Canucks is even better. That said the Canucks cannot sell the farm for a player who might only play another 2-3 years. Sid saw Vancouver at our best in the Olympics. Pitt should send Sid to Van just as the Bruins did for Bourke. 

How will Sid enhance this team though.

I am willing to sell the farm for the 2024 Cup.

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

This. If, and it's a big if, Syd wants a Canadian team swan song, it behooves him to not gut the team's depth he would want to go to. It's all hypothetical though, so many points to consider with all possible stakeholders involved.

Edited by Rekker

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

This. If, and it's a big if, Syd wants a Canadian team swan song, it behooves him to not gut the team's depth he would want to go to. It's all hypothetical though, sok many points to consider with all stake holders possibly involved.

Maybe in another year when is contract is done. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Rocket Jay said:

How will Sid enhance this team though.

I am willing to sell the farm for the 2024 Cup.

Really? How would Sid help this team?

Edited by Rekker
  • Haha 1

Just now, Honkin Hronek said:

Expectation is Sid's signing a ~3 year extension on July 1st

I don't know. Pens are screwed moving forward, I don't see how Crosby sticking around makes any sense.

2 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Expectation is Sid's signing a ~3 year extension on July 1st

Probs, I've seen nothing credible at all to suggest he'd even be open to a trade

He reiterated only wanting to play for the Penguins not too long ago 

If there were even a chance we'd have already heard about it from the usual suspects in hockey media 

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Pure speculation, but if the Canucks are serious about Toffoli, expect it'll be a pick and a prospect...

Reveal hidden contents

With the prospect being Arturs Silovs

Losing Silovs would suck, but Demko will be the guy for a while going forward 

The remainder of his deal and likely well beyond

• Desmenko 1