[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And presumably would crash down to a ~50 point 2nd liner playing with bums like Pettersson/Miller? Like what's the concern here?

One doesn’t trade for the crash. They have to trade for the rise. 

Is it worth it if it’s a 1st,  Lek, Podz/Hogz, plus? 

For a rental? 

Just now, aGENT said:

And presumably would crash down to a ~50 point 2nd liner playing with bums like Pettersson/Miller? Like what's the concern here?

You talk like they are on the same level. Petterson has not even shown he can drive his own line consistently. He was not able to make the wingers around him better. And on the lotto line, he played wing. 

I am sure he can be a true number one center for the Canucks, but he has not really for now. I am very interested to see him in the playoffs. 

Just now, AngryGoose said:

Im still a bit P.O’d Canucks didnt land Duhaime.  They could have really used that sort of aggression 

Can’t get everything. The team did most of its acquisitions early. 

Cap space is a detriment. Also, other teams can offer more. 

2 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

You talk like they are on the same level. Petterson has not even shown he can drive his own line consistently. He was not able to make the wingers around him better. And on the lotto line, he played wing. 

I am sure he can be a true number one center for the Canucks, but he has not really for now. I am very interested to see him in the playoffs. 

Not a bad ‘take’. 

I don’t necessarily agree with it in totality, but it’s a solid argument. 

30 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Thanks.

My mistake @OldFaithfulcap

I missed the lindholm trade anyway, so have to advance the picks a year. League would probably deny it anyway. Doesn't matter, all dreams.

I'd like us to add someone but we have already done a lot.

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Like 1

I think we're seeing why PA and Rutherford made so many moves early on. Like many of us, I know we're antsy to see some more trades, but I'd rather management take their time today to really get the right trades done. I'm still hoping we keep Lindholm as I feel he's got lots more to give.

With that being said, I'm also hoping we find an additional RW and RD. That would really help round out our group nicely.

16 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

A: Crosby's cap hit is $8.7m.. doesnt matter how many picks you throw away, we cant absorb that hit with your proposal

B: Crosby is only signed through next year, and has an RFA year after that. You would seriously throw away the next 6 years of future picks and prospects for one player offering at best 2 1/4 seasons?

If Crosby's addition brought 1 or 2 Cups to Vancouver, there wouldn't be anyone crying over the cost paid, with the exception of a few trolls here that would bitch about the Cup not being polished to a high enough sheen to their liking when presented to the Canucks. However, will Crosby for <insert package> guarantee a Cup ... well that is the Million Dollar Question, isn't it. 

Boston set the record record for most points last year and to everyone's shock (but not displeasure) were bounced in the first round. A stacked team does not a Cup winner make. 

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Not a bad ‘take’. 

I don’t necessarily agree with it in totality, but it’s a solid argument. 

And that's not really my point either. I am having fun this season and if Petey explodes, I will be happy. 

I just don't think it is reasonable to say that there is no drop of between Crosby and Pettersson. 

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Would anyone be interested in trading Mik, Lekk, 1st for Alex Tuch? Apparently, he may be available, and he has term for a couple of years. I don't want to trade Lekk, but I would think long and hard about this one. 

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Would anyone be interested in trading Mik, Lekk, 1st for Alex Tuch? Apparently, he may be available, and he has term for a couple of years. I don't want to trade Lekk, but I would think long and hard about this one. 

Big fan, would be a good fit - was probably my top target but not sure I would part with Lekk though

Scores of the rush correct? Theoretically would fit in.

This teams plays so much more calmly without TM in the line up.  PA should get ballsy and trade him.  Probably get a 2nd? Then flip it for a fwd like TT and go get another depth defender

Gonna go make some soup.  Make it so PA

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

One doesn’t trade for the crash. They have to trade for the rise. 

Is it worth it if it’s a 1st,  Lek, Podz/Hogz, plus? 

For a rental? 

I didn't say it was. I have zero desire to meet Dubass' suppposed ask. I'm pushing back on this concept that Guentzel is going to fall off a cliff without Crosby. It's silly. He hasn't before when playing without him, and Guentzel's a good player on his own. It's a silly concern.

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

we have time to recover from that, plus that Tolopilo dude might be legit soon as a backup at least. 

For the right move, I'm game. I think Taffoli would be a huge addition. 

• Vintage 1

I wouldn't be surprised if we grab both Barabanov and Duclair for a 2nd and a 4th or equivalent price. Don't think we'll be overpaying for any of the big ticket items anymore, and the depth helps us keep the 3 headed monster in the middle. 

Duclair - Petey - Hoglander 

Suter - Miller - Boeser 

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland 

Barabanov - Blueger - Lafferty

Of course, Tofu would be a much nicer add. 2nd + Silovs + 3rd? 

12 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

If Crosby's addition brought 1 or 2 Cups to Vancouver, there wouldn't be anyone crying over the cost paid, with the exception of a few trolls here that would bitch about the Cup not being polished to a high enough sheen to their liking when presented to the Canucks. However, will Crosby for <insert package> guarantee a Cup ... well that is the Million Dollar Question, isn't it. 

Boston set the record record for most points last year and to everyone's shock (but not displeasure) were bounced in the first round. A stacked team does not a Cup winner make. 

Go Canucks Go!

There are 16 teams that make the playoffs. Arguably some teams have a better chance at winning it all than others... but thats way too much to give up for an IF

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

brillant. He might be a good replacement for Soucy in a few seasons. 

I think inside 2 seasons,   Perhaps even 1 ..

kid plays fearlessly.

D staff will love him.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we grab both Barabanov and Duclair for a 2nd and a 4th or equivalent price. Don't think we'll be overpaying for any of the big ticket items anymore, and the depth helps us keep the 3 headed monster in the middle. 

Duclair - Petey - Hoglander 

Suter - Miller - Boeser 

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland 

Barabanov - Blueger - Lafferty

Of course, Tofu would be a much nicer add. 2nd + Silovs + 3rd? 

That's a 4 headed monster doen the middle..

Blueger is a heck of a 4C. We gotta be deep down the middle to win in playoffs. 

No way I'd give up Hogz and a top 3 prospect for 16 games of Guentzel. 

We could be out in the 1st round with or without Guentzel.  No way we should make that move...

9 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

This teams plays so much more calmly without TM in the line up.  PA should get ballsy and trade him.  Probably get a 2nd? Then flip it for a fwd like TT and go get another depth defender

Gonna go make some soup.  Make it so PA

Goose soup would be great.Spice and sour.