[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [GDT] Let's do a Thing! - Sleepy Jim or Big Move Coming? - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT
3 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I'm in class until just before the deadline but I'll try and keep things updated throughout! 

Hearing through the grapevine that Canucks are still looking to find someone with term, one name I've heard is Lawson Crouse - played well under Tocchet and another 3 years at 4.3 Million (a wash with Mikheyev). Cost would be majorly significant, think 2025 First and prospects, and no guarantee that Coyotes move him

That would be a massive overpayment lol. No thanks.

3 minutes ago, ngoway said:

I get we're antsy to hear about trades, but management still has ~3 hours left. Let's save the judgement until then.

pretty sure they’ve made more trades this entire year than almost any other team in the league. And they made their two big deals early. 

They built a potential contender in a year when expectations were set at playoff bubble team. 

Judgement is already in 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • MillerTime 1

5 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I'm not vintage though so I apologize in advance ❤️

It's okay, none of us are

It's telling when it takes this many of us to do what VC did almost alone

• Cheers 1

I don't want to sat that we have an easy schedule the rest of the way, but 9 straight games at home and nothing in terms of horrific road trips, I like where we are. 

We play some good teams, but we have some rest periods in there as well.

• Like 1

Our management team has made a lot of deals since the Hronek trade and constructed an amazing team in ONE YEAR - I don’t think we should be disappointed at all - we have a great team right now and that can contend with anybody in the league…

Imho the reason why we haven’t made moves because the deals weren’t good enough for our team simple as that - put your trust in the management they’ve done an amazing job so far

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Our management team has made a lot of deals since the Hronek trade and constructed an amazing team in ONE YEAR - I don’t think we should be disappointed at all - we have a great team right now and that can contend with anybody in the league…

Imho the reason why we haven’t made moves because the deals weren’t good enough for our team simple as that - put your trust in the management they’ve done an amazing job so far

ss15 GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, Nucks780 said:

Are they still signing kessel. Whats going on. Gotta clear cap somehow.

We have a full 23 man roster right now. Either someone's about to be waived or Podz is being sent down. 

The latter needs to be sent down *today* to be eligible for the AHL playoffs.