[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Not sure why anyone is surprised that we haven't done anything.  

1. Willander, Lekkerimaki, D-Pettersson, and Podkolzin are probably untouchable.

2. Guys like Hirose and Bains probably have little to no interest from other teams (or perhaps there is mild interest but certainly not enough to warrant moving a big fish).   

A returning Soucy, Myers, and Joshua probably are our "deadline acquisitions"

The man avec breasts, Phil Kessel, will likely be our "big signing."   

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, I guess the moves that were made this season have got us to where we are now.  In other words, we've been able to keep pace with the best in the league because of those moves.  However, now those teams we've kept pace with have made moves to get even better... which in 'theory' means they have become better than us.  In which case, it makes sense that we need to find ways to improve. 

The argument is that Lindholm was our big acquisition.  I'm guessing if people saw the Canucks tear teams apart after that acquisition, they wouldn't be as concerned about adding right now.  Reality is we didn't look very good until the most recent 3 games. 

Personally, I think we just need to add a middle 6 winger, and a depth defenceman. 

Tom Wilson?  I wonder what he'd cost now.  Would love his physicality in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

The one fan base that should be concerned is the Kings.  What are they doing?  Every team around them in the west has added to improve.

Sitting back in a  1-3-1 hoping a trade comes to them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jayinblack said:

Tom Wilson?  I wonder what he'd cost now.  Would love his physicality in the playoffs.

Be great for the 5 minutes we’d have him before he gets suspended indefinitely. 

• Haha 1

These TSN "analysts" keep coming across as if Lindholm has been a flop because hes now on the third line.  Hes there on purpose you goofs.  That line was a key to the victory last night.  Miller-EP-Lindholm-Blueger down the middle 1,2,3,4 are the backbone of the team - thats serious C depth that can matchup with practically any team.

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

Just now, RomanPer said:

And that is actually good news.

if there is a deal that makes this team better im all for it but lets not mortgage the future completely for this season. we can do some damage in the playoffs as is.

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1