[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Just now, Jaimito said:

Potential depth forward and D call ups:

F: Podz, Bains, Karlsson

😧 Brisebois, Hirose, Irwin, Woo

Lekkerimaki....he's coming after his season is over to the AHL- in a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

Folks here saying they happy we didn’t “Benning it” for rentals. When did we have a team that was first in the division, western conference and at points the entire league under Benning? Time to cash the chips was now. 

They did, during the season

Just now, Jaimito said:

Can’t say this enough.

I think at one point they may have been looking to move on from Mikheyev to create cap but he’s been making strides the last few games. 

Why pay assets for a top 9 player if he can return to form? He brings everything you need for playoffs. Speed, size, and a strong forecheck. He’s just gotta work on his finish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

This team is scary

Yup, like I said in the toffoli thread... probably one of the best and deepest forward groups in the league.  

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

Folks here saying they happy we didn’t “Benning it” for rentals. When did we have a team that was first in the division, western conference and at points the entire league under Benning? Time to cash the chips was now. 

Lindholm

Why are people mad? We’ve added Lafferty, Lindholm, and Zadorov through the season. We have the best record in the conference and we’re missing two very good players who return soon after our only real slump of the season. Good teams don’t need to have crazy deadlines. We didn’t get worse in the last 48 hours and it’s hard to improve on what we have. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Grinch said:

They will be broken 1rst round 

I’m as disappointed as you but the first round is not what I’m worried about. It’s all the rounds after. Can’t accept winning one round a success after playing so well most of the year like that have.

Just now, HKSR said:

Yup, like I said in the toffoli thread... probably one of the best and deepest forward groups in the league.  

And maybe out in round 1 or 2.  Playoffs are tough.  

1 minute ago, Pinot Noir said:

What a disappointment. Spend too much time going after gugentzel. Eggs in one basket they forgot they had other options. 

total failure. 

Which player did you want to overpay for? 

20 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

They already sent Podz down which opened up 1M. Could've sent Friedman down & brought someone better in to replace him.

I guess. If we're getting upset over not replacing Friedman I think we are straining to find problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AngryGoose said:

So how do the Calder playoffs work timeline wise w the NHL post season?

They start a bit after the NHL and finish around the same time.  Abby probably won't stick around too long.  Veteran teams usually dominate the calder playoffs

Really quite surprised that Allvin didn't do anything this deadline, but to be fair, he made his deals early. Overall, no shortage of movement.

I can't say I'm not a little nervous though - some strong teams just got stronger today.