[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

I’m fine with nothing from the Canucks this TDL. Now onto next year roster building.  Factoring in OEL cap penalties of the $2.35M, $4.76M, $4.76M in the next few years.

On a good note, Poolman LTIR ($2.5M) only has 1 more year left.

• Like 1

the team being very inexperienced for playoff hockey, even if we dont go far or we get bounced 1st/2nd round, its all about the experience this year, not getting the cup, none expected us to get the cup this year at start of season, and none feel that way now, its more for the experience and it seems we couldnt sign phil due to cap issue, shrug ...owell

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Good to see us keep our youth and not trade for another rental.

Playoffs will be fun to watch

If the price was right we might have made a trade but guess wasn't in the cards so I am good with our team.

2 minutes ago, Bardown said:

And i wouldn't even call Middlstadt a second line center. He's a soft perimiter player who was putting up points. Personally, I think they made a bad move and its going to hurt them. Dude can't play D either.

The times I've seen Middlestedt, I've been quite impressed.  He's definitely outpaced his reputation

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

3rd rounder was a steep price for someone who maxes out as a 4th liner. Especially given we have a number of good 4th line options already.

Would've been nice but at that price I was fine to pass.

We got bruz in the third round....you can find players who become more valuable in one season with those picks...or can become key parts of your team...

I know it's disappointing that the Canucks didn't make any moves at the deadline, but honestly if Lindholm can find chemistry with some line mates and get going I think that's better than any trade they could have made today. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

The times I've seen Middlestedt, I've been quite impressed.  He's definitely outpaced his reputation

I watch Buffalo alot as I am out east...he's soft. he can hide as a winger, but not as a center.

Edited by Bardown

Expected the team to add after going all in with Lindholm trade.

Would've been happy if they did nothing and just went to year seeing what this group can do.

Look at the west teams additions, canucks have less than 1% chance in my books going deep, we failed to do anything to counter their moves this week and it will bite us come playoffs.

Will be good experience for the team, see what the GM does this coming off season and go from there is how I look at it

Just now, Déjà Vu said:

the team being very inexperienced for playoff hockey, even if we dont go far or we get bounced 1st/2nd round, its all about the experience this year, not getting the cup, none expected us to get the cup this year at start of season, and none feel that way now, its more for the experience and it seems we couldnt sign phil due to cap issue, shrug ...owell

Agreed, the teams who went all in are smack dab in their window of see it closing.  That's not where van is

Just now, CaribouCanuck said:

I know it's disappointing that the Canucks didn't make any moves at the deadline, but honestly if Lindholm can find chemistry with some line mates and get going I think that's better than any trade they could have made today. 

Lindholm is our TDL pickup.  It just happened a month early.  If the Canucks acquired Lindholm today, I think most Canucks fans would be pretty damn excited.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Guessing reading comprehension isn’t your strong point. 
 Vegas when they activate their actual nhl players when they don’t have to worry about salary cap. 

The Mcdavid that shows up for 1 series and gets 10-15 points in a series before the next one when he goes out in 4. So you want to play that Mcdavid for his yearly series? 

Vegas was almost with their entire roster last night. They were horrendous. They’re 22-23-6 since their hot start. Hertl has also been meh for a while. 

yeah, McDavid is scary, but it’s a 2 player team. You shut them down (like we’ve done 3 times consecutively this year) and things are much easier. 

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Pettersson - Lindholm - Mikheyev

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Di Giuseppe - Suter - Lafferty

Aman

Hughes - Juulsen

Soucy - Hronek

Zadorov - Myers

Cole - Friedman

Not getting a Stanley Cup champions vibe from this roster, but I think they can get passed the 1st Round.

I kinda like this team, not paper favorites but good mix, solid centers, what scoring is lacking gets offset by checking

Mik - Miller - Boeser

hogz-Pettersson-suter

podz -Lindholm - laff

pdg, Aman

Hughes - hronek

cole-soucy

Zadorov - juulsen

myers

brisebois - Friedman 

Just now, Viking said:

Expected the team to add after going all in with Lindholm trade.

Would've been happy if they did nothing and just went to year seeing what this group can do.

Look at the west teams additions, canucks have less than 1% chance in my books going deep, we failed to do anything to counter their moves this week and it will bite us come playoffs.

Will be good experience for the team, see what the GM does this coming off season and go from there is how I look at it

I don't think a long run was in the cards anyway, so keep your depth and keep getting playoff experience 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

You mean to tell me that Toffoli wouldn’t have been able to help Petey? 

I am not telling you anything... PA is...

They decided that the price they had to pay for Toffoli was too much... If not Toffoli would have been here.

I am not so hyped as other over Toffoli.. But I'm sure he could have done a job on Peteys wing, but at what cost? and his cap hit on $2.1M, did we have room for that (provided we would have been able to get Devils to retain half his cap hit).

Not sure we got players I'd let go to make room for Toffolis cap hit... Lets see come play offs time, if he makes a difference...

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm

Podkolzin - Aman - Lafferty

A good lineup going into the playoffs, not a cup winner, imo, but a good start

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Lindholm is our TDL pickup.  It just happened a month early.  If the Canucks acquired Lindholm today, I think most Canucks fans would be pretty damn excited.

I agree 100%. The team has done a lot to try and improve themselves this season which a lot of people seem to be forgetting.