[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

At this point, div standings is what matters most.  It's highly doubtful the Canucks will fall out of a div spot now, so they wouldn't see Winnipeg until round 3 and the jets will have to beat the AVS to get there.  I don't see that happening, personally 

This reminds me of all the guys commenting we couldnt beat LA of Vegas in the playoffs.... Hope we kill winterpeg tomorrow even with their new shiny toffoli toy.

• Cheers 1

A good sign too for us in regards to our top prospects (Willander, Lekkerimäki, D-Petey, and Podkolzin). They're clearly progressing very well if so many teams were wanting them. Like Allvin said in his press conference that he could have gotten roster players by trading some of them, but the belief for those prospects is that high that they refused to move them.

I think this team is special and could still surprise a lot of people in the playoffs. At the very least, they make a playoff run, and in a year to two years, those prospects mature and arrive on the roster. I think us standing pat if the price wasn't right is going to prove to be the right choice in a year, two, three or more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

I know it's disappointing that the Canucks didn't make any moves at the deadline, but honestly if Lindholm can find chemistry with some line mates and get going I think that's better than any trade they could have made today. 

If people with actual vision watched the game last night they would know lindholm looked insanely good. Canucks did there work early. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Lindholm is our TDL pickup.  It just happened a month early.  If the Canucks acquired Lindholm today, I think most Canucks fans would be pretty damn excited.

Teams second in the league and some people acting like they’re done for because a few teams got better. 😂

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Would you have given up next year's first and 2nd for him, as a rental?  Thatx what it would take to beat winnipegs offer

It’s called negotiation. Who says you got to send a dramatic raise on that offer? A 2nd 3rd and a 4th would have done it. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

Would you have given up next year's first and 2nd for him, as a rental?  Thatx what it would take to beat winnipegs offer

I wanted him at a reasonable price for us, but not that high.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, cusm said:

It's astonishing how little credit is given to our team by so many people here.

As if they hadn't already earned that trust.

I'm fine with keeping our young and wild and picks.

Yup. Management built a club that can and will win the Cup. And it’s going to start with the Cup this year! 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Personally, I don't think a bruising winger could keep up with Petey and hogz.  Vegas is full of bruising wingerx and they got schooled last night

Perhaps... but unless Joshua, get ready for the play offs we are a little light amongst forwards...

This was a pretty interesting trade deadline year with a pretty clear division between who is in/out. Clear delineation between buyers and sellers.

The only team currently out of playoffs that (imo) could get in is NYI. And that is a stretch. Mathematically there is a lot more that could happen but I don't have strong confidence in CAL, SEA, STL, PIT, WAS, NJD flipping the script.

All that lead to the top 6 in each conference really making big moves this year. Vancouver made their moves early. The rest were playing catch up. 10+ teams made big moves and will not win the Cup.

I like the moves the good guys made.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Podkolzin - Aman - Lafferty

I like having EL and TB centre their own lines.  TB centering the 4th line levels it up quite a bit

4 minutes ago, Pinot Noir said:

Patriks favourite word today is hope. 

hope isn’t a strategy. Hoping Brisboi can fill in in the playoffs is a fool’s errand. 

Brisebois is like 10th in the depth chart lol what do you expect? He also looked great before getting injured. 

Glad they didn't trade away more prospects for rentals. 

The cap situation is precarious going forward already. We will need an influx of the top prospects coming in to help with the cap. Peteys salary jump + OEL cap penalty = two roster spots. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Teams second and the league and some people acting like they’re done for because a few teams got better. 😂

I hope Vegas finishes 2nd or 3rd and plays edmonton first round. Vegas ltir shit put them over the top. Add toffoli to the canucks or whoever and it would be extremely tough to beat Vegas once they are at full health and refs and gary on their side. Anything can happen though. 

20 minutes ago, spook007 said:

2011.... they went all in, but didn't win... the rest is history...

Empty cupboard and no prospects... These core players are young enough to keep pushing... we need our prospects to cover the holes over the next few years.... so all good.

Did anyone notice after 2011 we lost almost everyone? I think Edler was the last 2011 player, and yet Marchant is still in boston. Loved the crosscheck and only the $5000 penalty, we should do that too, I never thought I would be happy with something toronto did.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

This reminds me of all the guys commenting we couldnt beat LA of Vegas in the playoffs.... Hope we kill winterpeg tomorrow even with their new shiny toffoli toy.

reported he wont be in the line up tomorrow but yeah, stomping WPG would be be grrrreayytt!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Management built a club that can and will win the Cup. And it’s going to start with the Cup this year! 

I say screw 'em, i'm with Alf. This year we are the real orcas and we're taking it.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Beni said:

Glad they didn't trade away more prospects for rentals. 

The cap situation is precarious going forward already. We will need an influx of the top prospects coming in to help with the cap. Peteys salary jump + OEL cap penalty = two roster spots. 

Yeah, we need Lekker and Willander both solidly on the roster in two years 

If they can replace some a three million dollar player each, we've covered the buyout penalties (at least that's what I tell myself)

• ThereItIs 1