[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

5 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I say bring it.

Vegas has no heart this year. We showed we can beat them with structure.

Edmonton we can keep their scorers quieter and demko over skinner

Colorado are tough but top heavy and we kept their big guns off the board when we were struggling and i think we can go up levels against them. They panicked and added guys and their chemistry will suffer. 

Florida's good, but our center depth is building up. We'll be ready.

Screw 'em.

That's the spirit.... f em all....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Dom said:

They are going to run 3 C's & I doubt the lines change much from how they are now. 

Mik-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-EP40-Suter

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

PDG/Podz-Blueger-Lafferty

Better. 

Also D pairs

HH

Soucy Myers

Z Cole 

Juuls/Freidman 

23 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree with Big "Z" and laffery -BUT- I'd hardly call the Lind-🏚️deal a "Darrell's Deal" after giving up:

1) A very valuable 2024 first-round pick (especially after we gave away our 2nd, 3rd/or 4th and 5th round this year)

2) Another conditional fourth-round/possibly 3rd round selection in the 2024 NHL Draft

3) A 40 goal, 70+ point Kuzmenko

4) Badly needed Defenseman prospect Hunter Brzustewicz

5) and Defenseman prospect Joni Jurmo - both of which we are so short of and have been for years!

6) PA's reputation as a savvy trade maker!

20 minutes ago, Dom said:

1) Weak draft & a late first round pick

2) Once again, a weak draft

3) Sure he puts up points, but he can't defend to save his life. 

4) Disagree he is ' badly ' need as we have D Petey/Willander/Kudryavstev/Woo/Hirose/McWard

5) Jurmo isn't even that good lol 

I respect your point of view but that's the type of "explaining away the value of things" that Jim Benning used for almost a decade that left our cupboards empty.   

So far PA/JR have traded away 7 draft picks away over just the next 3 years - after he said he would not do that" and it's starting to get awefully similar to the old regime.     This year alone we have NO 1st, No 2nd, No 3rd/or 4th (The conditional pick to Calgary) and No 5th.   How are we suppossed to keep rebuilding our meager prospect pool with that kind of long term management?    

I hope like you, that all this selling of assets pays off but if it doesn't, we'll be no better than the last regimes we suffered through - for over a decade as we've all seen and lived thru "short-term" thinking and it's pitfalls for far too long!

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Why the hell not. Pucks haven't bounced our way for over 50 years. We're not top of the strong west by fluke. I don't even think we've played our best hockey yet. We improve the powerplay, josh comes back, podz starts scoring, we hit back when teams rough us. Screw 'em

Hell yeah ... let's go!!!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I respect your point of view but that's the type of "explaining away the value of things" that Jim Benning used for almost a decade that left our cupboards empty.   

So far PA/JR have traded away 7 draft picks away over just the next 3 years - after he said he would not do that" and it's starting to get awefully similar to the old regime.     This year alone we have NO 1st, No 2nd, No 3rd/or 4th (The conditional pick to Calgary) and No 5th.   How are we suppossed to keep rebuilding our meager prospect pool with that kind of long term management?    

I hope like you, that all this selling of assets pays off but if it doesn't, we'll be no better than the last regimes we suffered through - for over a decade as we've all seen and lived thru "short-term" thinking and it's pitfalls for far too long!

It's literally one of the weakest drafts in a long time, I get that we have no picks, but that really shouldn't make you that upset. 

We kept the prospect pool intact. 

Podz/Raty/Bains/Lekkerimaki/D Petey/Willander/Karlsson it's not like our prospect pool is empty. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Damn, how dare I be pragmatic instead of assuming a Cinderella cup win is all but guaranteed 

#1 seed in the div or conference is not a Cinderella team. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It all just forces us to be the best we can be, raise our games, work hard, get it done! 

Let's get it on! No fear!

I agree canucks need the bring it on attitude. They need to take hertl and stick him straight up Gary's ass. Come On GIF by Max

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

#1 seed in the div or conference is not a Cinderella team. 

We've made the playoffs twice in roughly ten years, forgive me for not expecting a core that's relatively inexperienced regarding playoffs to not waltz straight to a cup after a few years of missing the playoffs 

21 minutes ago, Pinot Noir said:

Patriks favourite word today is hope. 

hope isn’t a strategy. Hoping Brisboi can fill in in the playoffs is a fool’s errand. 

Wolainen was good for us when called upon, Hirose looked poised last year, Irwins a vet, Mcward, Woo, Johansen, 

Friedman has some competition for the #8 spot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What is this 1999? How come trades are still coming in?

Long as a deal is in place can happen.Smaller details have to be ironed out.So you submit a trade at 2:58 could take 40 mins to complete.

Just now, stawns said:

It is when they haven't played in the post season yet.  

You can't just force the playoffs to happen early in order to prove this is not a "Cinderella team". We have the information we have and we'll find out later on in the playoffs if what we have is enough for a run.

Even so, I don't see the point in thinking this is some Cinderella team. Have some hope dude.

13 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I say bring it.

Vegas has no heart this year. We showed we can beat them with structure.

Edmonton we can keep their scorers quieter and demko over skinner

Colorado are tough but top heavy and we kept their big guns off the board when we were struggling and i think we can go up levels against them. They panicked and added guys and their chemistry will suffer. 

Florida's good, but our center depth is building up. We'll be ready.

Screw 'em.

I wonder how many extra points Colorado gets every year thanks to the  altitude of their home rink? Home ice advantage should be huge against that team.

• Vintage 1

Again if there wasnt a deal to be made im ok with that Edmonton didnt get a Goalie so Im less worried about them i the playoffs. Once Joshua and Myers are back I will feel good about our depth going into the Playoffs. The playoffs can be about who you dont play as much as who you do. If We played Nashville , then Edmonton  then Colorado we most likely have a better result than if we played St Louis, Vegas, Winnipeg.  No matter who you get you have to go through that team. The leafs fans learned that lesson last year with he we want Florida Chants.

Its going to be fun to see the white towels again. I hope we can hang on for the conference. Love to have home ice for the playoffs. Go Canuck Go

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

It’s called negotiation. Who says you got to send a dramatic raise on that offer? A 2nd 3rd and a 4th would have done it. 

Maybe... we just don't know...

But then we wouldn't have any picks this year (of value) or next year bar the 1st... Do you think Toffoli would put this team over the top?