[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

to be honest, this playoff is more for the experience than actually having a chance to win it, its the fans who went over board and felt we would, if we get lucky and win some sweet, but with petey locked in for 8 years, management, can take the foot off the pedal and focus on making a winner in a year or two, instead of spending all assets this trade deadline

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Again, HB isn’t an NHLer. He’s putting up points in a junior league against boys. He will struggle in the AHL. He’s pretty much a Hack Rathbone level of player. 

I agree there was no way he puts up those numbers in the A. But he still "could" have been better than Rathbone maybe? Maybe that's peoples argument? But hell Rathbone couldn't crack our line up when our D was terrible.  So.   No big loss there at all. Gotta side with you there Alf. Small undersized defensemen are 1/1000 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I was thinking about who on our roster would be someone who would elevate their game on the playoffs.....I started with Miller..... By the time I finished listing everyone, I realized that we have several key players that will.

I think the best of this management's results is yet to be seen 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

EP believer? why wouldn't you be. Compare his first 6 years to others around the league, you'll see how special he is. 

Because I don't think EP is a special player worth 12 million, already told you that, and also told you I will be letting you know how right I am and how wrong you are 1 year from a few days ago.

Btw, this is a bet I can't lose because I will be happier than you if he proves me wrong.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If our window is limited to what remains of Miller's prime than management won't be doing a good job going forward. 

We want to take advantage of JT leadership, but that doesn't mean another comparable can't be unexpectedly acquired. We already have Hughes,  I don't want to forget him, there is a special player.

3 hours ago, Bobby James said:

Yeah I get the thought process here and makes sense why you want them to go all in now for 2-3 years while JT is in his prime. 

But I'm definitely in the camp of EP and Hughes are the main pieces of the core and the window is with them. And to me that window has just begun. 

Yes it could turn out that way. Love Huggy.

Edited by Joshrips

2 minutes ago, GothamGhost said:

Kessel was basically free, what happened?

They don't believe he was a fit for the type of style they want to play. + I have read that Kessels camp and PA/JR had a disagreement about how they were going to go about things. 

25 minutes ago, Joshrips said:

Because I don't think EP is a special player worth 12 million, already told you that, and also told you I will be letting you know how right I am and how wrong you are 1 year from a few days ago.

Btw, this is a bet I can't lose because I will be happier than you if he proves me wrong.

9E4F6E06-F115-4500-A309-26ED8E5BD62D.gif.103de81cac2f6a230d568b7b73f7803c.gif

26 minutes ago, Joshrips said:

Well, as long as you are happy.

• Haha 2

We made our trade moves early,got Zadorov just what we needed at a great price from a divisional rival.we got Lindholm for things found behind the couch cushion and a late first from the same division rival.fans worried because he hasn’t lit it up and hasn’t played with instant chemistry but I could say the whole team hasn’t lit it up or played with chemistry during our slide since the all star game when we stopped playing with our original structure from the start of the season.we finally have a home stand with practice and we’re starting to play as a team again.i have a feeling Lindholm is going to be just what we needed.plus I feel like we added a huge mobile defence man at the deadline with the return of Soucy who we already know makes us better at a great price and term.plus a rejuvenated Pods all with out giving up our two cornerstone prospects.well met management,well met!

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Joshrips said:

We want to take advantage of JT leadership, but that doesn't mean another comparable can't be unexpectedly acquired. We already have Hughes,  I don't want to forget him, there is a special player.

It's a team game, Miller's still productive and is big for the team, but I wouldn't overstate the leadership of any individual player going forward 

There's always a leadership group, and I'm sure it'll see change as time goes on

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

Somehow, this sentence makes no sense to me.

1 hour ago, Mac said:

You drunk? lol

I think he means that Edmonton (with McBaby) and Toronto (with Austin Powers et al) have never won anything.

@Lemon Face i believe English is a second language to you, yes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Overall, I'm happy, depth additions would be fine but I've no issue with simply letting the chips fall how they may

Glad management isn't rushing to give up picks and prospects, hopefully that remains true at the draft and during the offseason

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captkirk888 said:

I think he means that Edmonton (with McBaby) and Toronto (with Austin Powers et al) have never won anything.

@Lemon Face i believe English is a second language to you, yes?

So true. McBaby Whiner and Auston Pants down are selfish one way players. Those guys need the Scotty Bowman talk or they will never lead a team in the playoffs that’s successful. Especially McWhiner. His legacy will be with Dionne. Lots of points but never a winner. 

• Cheers 1