[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

24 minutes ago, old guy said:

Miks been playing better over the last few games. I can see him back to form in time for the play-offs, which would be great!

He’s averaged 19.1 goals per 82 games in his career.  

That’s pretty nice 3rd wheel production on a top 6 line if he’s playing D and forechecking.  

The more time he puts between now and the knee surgery bodes well for us

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

God I'm so glad they did the right thing.

From what I heard, the signing didn't happen cause of cap. But I don't know how true that was. I really don't get the hype around Kessel, beyond hot dog memes.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

From what I heard, the signing didn't happen cause of cap. But I don't know how true that was. I really don't get the hype around Kessel, beyond hot dog memes.

Three cups and a play driver (great teammate too) when younger. But clearly he’s an overcooked dog now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

26 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

A mixture of fit, cap, and "roster complications." IE we don't think he's good enough so we'll muddy the reasoning with a bunch of cliches so we don't disrespect him in the media. Lol. I am sure he's a great locker room guy, but at the same time we need players who can play. Tried him out, didn't pan out. Can't be mad.

21 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

I would try to keep Blueger if we can figure a way…

Same, but cap space is likely not going to be there, especially if we bring back Joshua and Zadorov.

• Cheers 1

At the end of the day I think management didn’t think anyone deserved to be waived.

Especially if a player like Zucker was all they could get. Sometimes making a move just to make a move is not the right play.

I think we’ll be thankful we still have trade chips next deadline.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

At the end of the day I think management didn’t think anyone deserved to be waived.

Especially if a player like Zucker was all they could get. Sometimes making a move just to make a move is not the right play.

Yeah people talking about guys like Duclair, Zucker etc I was like:

why-huh.gif

Just spending assets for guys that don't really move the needle in our first year back in the playoffs....meh.

Now if we could have got Buchnevich, Guentzel etc, by all means. Those guys move needles and could have been longer term guys here. I was also a bit upset we seemingly didn't go after Trenin, would have LOVED to add him.

But otherwise there wasn't a whole lot I feel we "missed out" on.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Agree.  As much as Aman deserves to be in the odd man out right now, he would certainly be claimed on waivers.  I highly doubt we'll be able to afford the center depth we currently have and Aman will do just fine as a regular 4th line center next year.

On 3/9/2024 at 3:50 PM, -dlc- said:

God I'm so glad they did the right thing.

Lol I have to admit I was all for it, hot dogs and all.

Then I seen his practice videos in abby and I began to wonder.

I at least trust this management group to make the tough choices and make the moves necessary to make us a better club.

If Phil was part of it I was on board. But they obviously come to a conclusion that he wouldn’t help as much as they thought he would. So good on them for moving on and focusing on what’s next.

Part of me tho had visions of a cup run filled with hot dogs lol

I was staying downtown near Stanley park walking around with my wife recently and seen a hot dog cart by the beach…I envisioned Phil just chowing down there and I laughed…my wife didn’t know what the heck I was laughing about so I told her…she didn’t get it, oh well lol. I’m my own comedian 🙃

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, iinatcc said:

According to the NHL Landeskog could return for the playoffs. 

This would make the Avs really scary and the favorite of the West. 

He will have missed two full seasons. If he does manage to come back for the playoffs I wouldn't be expecting him to make a very big impact. That's a lot of time to miss and I would not be surprised if he's rusty and needs time to get up to speed.

4 hours ago, Diamonds said:

He will have missed two full seasons. If he does manage to come back for the playoffs I wouldn't be expecting him to make a very big impact. That's a lot of time to miss and I would not be surprised if he's rusty and needs time to get up to speed.

Yeah. Cartilage replacement is a major surgery with longer recovery time than

Mikheyev’s surgery and look how long it’s taking him ti get back up to speed. I’d be very surprised if they tried to get him back in the lineup. With the intensity of playoff hockey, a nasty knock on his knee could be really damaging, possibly career ending. If I were a betting man, I’d say they wait until next season, so he gets training camp etc

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

They could always add him as a consultant fir the playoffs, someone to have around the players, showing off his 3 cup rings and the HOT DOG commitment level it took to get them.

Fixed it for you. LOL

JK...I thought they should add him to their coaching staff (as an on ice associate or something to that effect) so that he could 

be around the team to keep them loose and impart playoff wisdom to the young players.

It would be useful to pick his brain about the Vegas players tendencies, weaknesses, which buttons to push for certain players, and so on.

Garland would live rent free in Vegas's head if he knew what buttons to push. LOL

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Haha 1