[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Hesitant to move Lindholm so quickly after acquiring him. Did we acquire him to always move him, since Kuzmenko wasn't producing / a fit anyway?

I think Guentzal could be more problematic than we realize, because he's been with one team and system for 8 years. Is it realistic to expect him to fit in within 15 games before the playoffs? All new linemates, system, and style of play. He is 29 as well, so is that going to be an issue ( Lindholm is same age, but is that the same issue with him? )

28 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

At the very least...this may give us some insight as to where Guentzel would want to play next season.

I'm sure there's other teams as well, but we could always circle back in the off season when it doesn't cost us assets. 

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Does Jake play defence?

Plays with Crosby. Probably doesn't have to. That line is so dominant they control the puck more than the opponent does. Also Crosby is near 60% in the dot. So they almost always start with the puck.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Guentzel would be a great add only if we're able to retain Lindholm as well + we don't give up any of Willander, Lekkerimäki, Hoglander, and Podkolzin. D-Petey ideally as well, but we can't just expect to give up nothing. 

Also moving a Lindholm for Guentzel while they're not the same player, seems just like a lateral move to me. We will very much need Lindholm in the playoffs but could also use Guentzel. Having both would really solidify that top 6, but I'm okay not getting Guentzel and going for the depth pieces instead since we know the cost to get Guentzel would be so high.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Guentzel would be a great add only if we're able to retain Lindholm as well + we don't give up any of Willander, Lekkerimäki, Hoglander, and Podkolzin. D-Petey ideally as well, but we can't just expect to give up nothing. 

Also moving a Lindholm for Guentzel while they're not the same player, seems just like a lateral move to me. We will very much need Lindholm in the playoffs but could also use Guentzel. Having both would really solidify that top 6, but I'm okay not getting Guentzel and going for the depth pieces instead since we know the cost to get Guentzel would be so high.

It's almost a certainty at least one of those guys would be going the other way. 

14 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

I'd be hesitant to trade for anyone right now, unless it's a cheap depth deal.

You are short for at list two players if you want out of first round.You dont win nothing with PDG,Mik

1 minute ago, Pears said:

It's almost a certainty at least one of those guys would be going the other way. 

I am sure there is a way to retain Willander, Lekkerimaki, Hoglander, and Podkolzin while acquiring Guentzel. But it probably means the Canucks bite the bullet and move possible Raty, D-Petey and a pick. Another pick would be moved likely to get soem of that good ole third party retention. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Definitely, unless Rutherford/Allvin are able to pull off a miracle. I think that's why many of us would rather we stay away from Guentzel as we'd really be depleting our future assets as great of an add that he would be.

• Upvote 1

If we want to go deep in the playoffs, we need another top 6 forward without a doubt IMO. It may take too much in order to acquire one, however the prices today haven't seemed too outrageous IMO. 

I think JR/PA will pull the trigger on something. 

Just now, WHL rocks said:

The Pre Lims are on right now.

JR is the main event..

He comes out when it's time for the big boys to play...

If we wind up getting Duclair or Zucker this'll be funny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If we wind up getting Duclair or Zucker this'll be funny

I think Zucker is a player who could fit nicely with this club, if the rumored price is as high as a second to have retention on him I could see Vancouver working out a deal and while that could provide secondary scoring for this club it would also keep the prospect cupboard as is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

You’re gunna have to hide from here if we do end up with guentzel tho 🤣 

Nah, I'm not the only one who doesn't want us to acquire him

Guentzel isn't a poor player by any stretch and would probably fit well with Pettersson, he's just not my preference 

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I think Zucker is a player who could fit nicely with this club, if the rumored price is as high as a second to have retention on him I could see Vancouver working out a deal and while that could provide secondary scoring for this club it would also keep the prospect cupboard as is.

Could be a good buy low candidate, he scored 27 in Pittsburgh last season and management would be familiar with him as well if I'm not mistaken