[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

I knoooowwww that we are upside downnnn

sooo hold your tongue and heeeaar me out

i know that we were made to break 

so what I don’t miiiiiiinnnnddd

5 minutes ago, Screw said:

Apparently the market on Guentzel is not that frothy.  

By all rights, there are only two teams interested that we really know of. Vegas and Vancouver. He's trying to play two franchises with management who are much smarter than he is. His only saving grace is he still has a few days to make a deal happen. So he can afford to waste time over rating his bargaining position, I guess. Management was recently re-upped for 3 more years. They don't need to drain all the marbles for one run. Especially with Petey and Miller locked up long term. Podz, Hogs and Raty are gonna be key secondary cogs. We should be wary to give em away for rentals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Desmenko 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

By all rights, there are only two teams interested that we really know of. Vegas and Vancouver. He's trying to play two franchises with management who are much smarter than he is. His only saving grace is he still has a few days to make a deal happen. So he can afford to waste time over rating his bargaining position, I guess. Management was recently re-upped for 3 more years. They don't need to drain all the marbles for one run. Especially with Petey and Miller locked up long term. Podz, Hogs and Raty are gonna be key secondary cogs. We should be wary to give em away for rentals.

Agree 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Rangers today have been reported to be sniffing around on the Guentzel front and the Hurricanes won't do anything as usual but have been said to be looking at Guentzel.

Just now, Coconuts said:

Getting Hanifin and letting Martinez walk would be pretty savvy, hold on to your drawers 

That'd be a quick way to stay competitive for VGK while also adding to their powerhouse team this year.

3 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

Sorry, the clip I watched was only 1 - 2 minutes.... that must be the longer version.

Basically

1. Confirmed that he heard the Lindholm 3 way rumor had substance and there were talks.

2. What else would Vancouver need to add to make it happen?  Are they really interested in adding additional pieces like Podz or Hoglander to make it happen?  Unlikely. 

3. Would Vancouver / Vegas love to have Guetnzel?  Obviously.  Are they that desperate to give up a huge price for him? Probably not.

4. Could a lot of this be buzz from Pittsburgh brass trying to inflate the market for Guentzel, whose asking price is very high. In actuality, it doesn't appear that other teams are willing to meet it as they view him as a rental (consistent with other external reports / speculation I've read about today).

1 minute ago, arsenalian said:

Don’t have 20 mins to watch this. What’d he say?

It was TLDR'd a few posts after the video post.

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It would be funny if all the teams in on Guentzel found other dance partners...

and Dubass left standing alone when the music stops..  LOL

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Haha 1
  • Wiener 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That'd be a quick way to stay competitive for VGK while also adding to their powerhouse team this year.

Martinez will be 37 in July and it'll be time to move on, his 5.25M would pay for a large chunk of any Hanifin extension 

Plus, tax shenanigans 

Helps both improve their D and make it younger

4 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

It would be funny if all the teams in on Guentzel found other dance partners...

and Dubass left standing alone when the music stops..  LOL

I think it gets done today

Carolina and NYR are wikdcards, so are Detroit, Nashville, and Winnipeg 

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

Fuck off...... 

Vegas making moves is inevitable 

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

He really is a modern day Jannik Hansen, only difference is people seemed to like Jannik more. 

True, similar players, but Hansen was a ferocious forechecker. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

He really is a modern day Jannik Hansen, only difference is people seemed to like Jannik more. 

I'm looking forward to next year when his skating should be back to pre-injury levels. It would be nice to see how much more effective he is at creating chaos in Toc's system at that point.