[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

How about Taffoli?

Nope, Devils could trade him to the Red Star Kunlun or the Beijing Bastards if they wanted to for a basket of fish cakes and the deal would go through.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/devils ... Cap Friendly has a excellent information on nhl teams.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dom said:

I will seriously lose my shit if we add Greenway & Toffoli some how some way. 

I've always felt guys like this make more sense to trade for than Guentzel. If we get Guentzel for a run great. But Toffoli and Greenway feel like acquisitions we could make (and with TT extend) without the risk of losing Brock next year.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

I think we are out on Guentzel because he won't sign. That means he's a pure rental to anyone that acquires him. So unless the ask goes way down due to the pure rental part he might not even be traded.

I'd rather see us land and sign Toffoli. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Umm yea?

Players names get thrown around every deadline. They’re professionals they move on. 😂

It also sounds like he's playing for a massive contract this summer so even if he's pissed off by the situation he's gonna have to suck it up and play his best hockey.  If he doesn't, he may come nowhere near the rumored $9m extension he turned down.

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If we could add Toffoli and Greenway WHILE keeping Lindholm that’s the better play IMO. We’d have to find a taker for Mik though.

Lindholm Pettersson Toffoli

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Greenway Suter Lafferty/Podz

A great plan A

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan

27 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Wonder if he has a no movement clause, can pick his spots? Like VanCity

How did Tofoli take the snub he got from the FO last time he was here? I wonder if that's gonna be a factor. Personally I wish we kept him.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Umm yea?

Players names get thrown around every deadline. They’re professionals they move on. 😂

Exactly. Sekeres and Price are turds of the lowest order who only exist to stir up controversy. Flush those clowns. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

I think we are out on Guentzel because he won't sign. That means he's a pure rental to anyone that acquires him. So unless the ask goes way down due to the pure rental part he might not even be traded.

If the cost is too high move on to an affordable plan b or wait until next season 

11 minutes ago, Dom said:

Corrado and those two are such sensationalist losers.

Lindholm is playing for his teammates and if that’s not enough, there’s that 9 million dollar contract he wants. That’s more than enough reason to keep him if nothing else materializes. 

That said, he could still get moved for assets to make Greenway / Toffoli the targets. 

Going to be very interesting to see if Allvin / JR can pull off one last move.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Pretty obvious *no one* is reaching Dubas’ price or he’d have been moved already.

Problem is, Allvin can’t sit around waiting for Dubas to pull his head out of his dub-ass.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

EL has lots of experience, I'm sure he knows to take the media with a grain of salt

Exactly. It's all bs imo.

If we are going to get Guentzel it's one of Mik or Garland going the other way for cap compliance.

I think they’ll be able to move Mikeyev and Aman/PDG, to Buffalo, in a trade for Greenway (and possibly Johnson), and then make a trade for Toffoli. 

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm

Toffoli - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Greenway - Suter - Lafferty

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy- Cole

Myers - Zadorov 

Johnson - Juulsen

Demko

Desmith

• Like 1