[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

5 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Pretty obvious *no one* is reaching Dubas’ price or he’d have been moved already.

Problem is, Allvin can’t sit around waiting for Dubas to pull his head out of his dub-ass.

Who will blink first.My money is not on Dumbass

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

I think we are out on Guentzel because he won't sign. That means he's a pure rental to anyone that acquires him. So unless the ask goes way down due to the pure rental part he might not even be traded.

I'd rather see us land and sign Toffoli. 

The Rags can have him

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think they’ll be able to move Mikeyev and Aman/PDG, to Buffalo, in a trade for Greenway (and possibly Johnson), and then make a trade for Toffoli. 

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm

Toffoli - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Greenway - Suter - Lafferty

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy- Cole

Myers - Zadorov 

Johnson - Juulsen

Demko

Desmith

I'd way way rather have mik than JG

• Vintage 1

Sure, one could say Allvin made his big move by trading for Lindholm (in January), but where has that gotten them? They've become a 0.500 team.

Oilers, Stars, Knights, Avs all improved. 

Allvin needs to make more moves to improve the team. They're still not good enough.

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

If I could only have 1 of Guentzel or Lindholm I would keep Lindholm and hope that he settles in. A strong right shot defensive C has more value to us than an offensive winger. 

$0.02

4D31A02F-A294-409F-BE37-B150D2A01073.gif.a4f0463b1e46add278070203a6e0ef56.gif

34 minutes ago, Rocket Jay said:

How did Tofoli take the snub he got from the FO last time he was here? I wonder if that's gonna be a factor. Personally I wish we kept him.

Oh he was probably pissed, but new regime, so probably all good. I agree, Taffoli was great here. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Sure, one could say Allvin made his big move by trading for Lindholm (in January), but where has that gotten them? They've become a 0.500 team.

Allvin needs to make more moves to improve the team. They're still not good enough.

Maybe keep Lindholm and just add a few pieces that won't cost as much as it would for Guentzel

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

3 -1 - 1 in last 5 games doesn't add up to a .500 team by my math

(I'm cherry-picking, I know)

Vancouver should just offer lindholm for guentzel straight up and tell Dumas to negotiate with a team of his choice with the players he would like on a 3rd team for lindholm in a 3 way. Maybe Pittsburgh is not interested in the players from Boston. At this rate he won’t get much for guentzel as most teams don’t have the picks or prospect. Vegas after trading for Hanafin almost impossible for them to have players pick or prospect for jg even if they have cap space. 

• Cheers 2

Feels like whoever loses out on Guentzel between NYR/VGK/CAR go out and get Toffoli or Vatrano.

Think we end up with Greenway/Kubalik/Zucker or someone like that. 

Edited by Dom

34 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

I think we are out on Guentzel because he won't sign. That means he's a pure rental to anyone that acquires him. So unless the ask goes way down due to the pure rental part he might not even be traded.

I'd rather see us land and sign Toffoli. 

I like this. JR and PA are playing chess while Dumbass is playing checkers

• Cheers 2