[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

6 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Guys. Jersey said they are not trading Toffoli. 

Seen a few updates saying that NJ can't agree on new contract (term is the issue) for Toffoli and that they are making him available. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

whats the latest on Duhaime? I know we were linked to him a couple of weeks ago.

Haven’t seen anything other than that report.   Seems like a good fit for 4th line duty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Pretty obvious *no one* is reaching Dubas’ price or he’d have been moved already.

Problem is, Allvin can’t sit around waiting for Dubas to pull his head out of his dub-ass.

Kyle’s playing bullshit poker right now. He  needs a Jim Benning, a Peter Chiarelli and Kenny H sitting at the table. Instead he’s dealing with a bunch of guys that are going to call his bluff.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Screw said:

Haven’t seen anything other than that report.   Seems like a good fit for 4th line duty.

Yeah we could use a guy like him on the 4th line, especially after the oilers adding Carrick. 

4 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Kyle’s playing bullshit poker right now. He  needs a Jim Benning, a Peter Chiarelli and Kenny H sitting at the table. Instead he’s dealing with a bunch of guys that are going to call his bluff.

Dumbass is going to be left holding his cards and get less for JG than he could have. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

44 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I like this. JR and PA are playing chess while Dumbass is playing checkers

Dubas misses Daddy Shanny. He’s got a mess to clean up in Pitt, so losing Guentzel for nothing would be a disastrous start. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Problem is,how will he explain why his player walk out on the end of season,or how he over-played his hand

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Toffoli - Miller - Boeser

Lindholm - Pettersson - Hoglander

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Lafferty - Suter - Roslovic

I was thinking about Roslovic too. He’s the last trade piece that Columbus has. They’ve been sellers at the tdl for several years.

Roslovic would be a good fit. 

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Sure, one could say Allvin made his big move by trading for Lindholm (in January), but where has that gotten them? They've become a 0.500 team.

Oilers, Stars, Knights, Avs all improved. 

Allvin needs to make more moves to improve the team. They're still not good enough.

Keep in mind - not all those trades would work and player(s) fitting in.  So can’t 100% say all teams improved with said trades. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

3 -1 - 1 in last 5 games doesn't add up to a .500 team by my math

(I'm cherry-picking, I know)

Throw away the 6 game skid (which every team in the league has at some point in the season - a bad stretch) and the Canucks are 40-11-7 or 40-13-5 (depending on how fine a hair one wants to split). Every team has a bad stretch, some have several over a season while others start in the toilet and keep swirling around circling a turd all season long.

Since all-star break the Canucks are 6-6-3 and trending in the right direction and oh ya, 40-17-7 good for 2nd overall. Totally understand the Eeyore attitude quite a few seem to have on this forum. No wonder we can't have shiny things like a Stanley Cup in Vancouver.

I for one am very grateful for the ride we are on and trust our management team. Haven't shit the bed so far and don't think they will between now and Friday Noon. If it was Benning at the helm, OEL would still be here, JT (along with @-dlc-) would be long gone, Petey would sign his qualifying offer and move on. 

GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Unless Lindholm finds chemistry here or we add another legitimate forward threat, I can't see how we can beat VGK or COL 4 times in 7 games.

I think they can beat Vegas, they're clearly not the same team they've been in the past.  They were never going to beat the AVS, imo 

41 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

You're not wrong...

Rumours recently starting to swirl that Crosby may not be happy with Geuntzel leaving and having to go through a rebuild. 

It's been suggested he could ask to be traded this off season for a chance at winning another cup...

Kyper & Borne guessing perhaps Colorado (McKinnon connection) or Vancouver (Pittsburgh connection) as possible destinations.

That's how bad things are getting in Pittsburgh....

1st mistake was hiring Dubass

2nd mistake was trading for Karlsson   

The Karlsson thing was the desperation move of the decade.

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

I like this. JR and PA are playing chess while Dumbass is playing checkers

Dumbass is playing musical chairs except the chairs are all packed up and the band has gone home.

Just now, Grandmaster said:

Jersey made a statement they are not. Last I checked Dreger doesn’t not manage that team

They said they weren’t shopping him.

Big difference.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Grandmaster said:

Jersey made a statement they are not. Last I checked Dreger doesn’t not manage that team

It's literally been reported that they failed to come to a contract extension and they are open to trading him. Believe what you want I guess. 

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Unless Lindholm finds chemistry here or we add another legitimate forward threat, I can't see how we can beat VGK or COL 4 times in 7 games.

Goodness me, doom and gloom again I see.

I can’t see any team win a seven serie against us unless we get some serious injuries.

2 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

The team announcement was literally YESTERDAY.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2854495

here is the quote from the article:

"I'm not shopping Tyler Toffoli," Fitzgerald said. "Tyler and I sat together in L.A., we had a great talk. Tyler knows how much I'd like to bring him back, but unfortunately right now, there's a possible term difference (in contract talks). That doesn't mean we can't revisit this past the deadline, if he's still here, or in the offseason.

"But the reality is, teams have called on him, and (based on) what a return looks like, I wouldn't (want to) be giving away my leading scorer, that's for sure, just to gain future assets. But ... those future assets could help us down the road."

Big_slippery_fish.gif&ehk=lAOQOld9YqoMJY

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Goodness me, doom and gloom again I see.

I can’t see any team win a seven serie against us unless we get some serious injuries.

Lol ok stick your head in the sand then.

I'm not a homer or a doomer.  I just see things objectively and appreciate other teams can be better than us.  Heck, that's the truth for 54 years and counting.