[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Just now, Hammertime said:

Patience. I think if Pete get's his grove back here we will be ok. Lindholm will fit like a glove we just have to wait for fermentation. 

I haven't given up hope.  Joshua coming back might stabilize the lines again, and all will be well.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I wonder if we bring in some defensive help depending how long Myers is out for 

Tocchet said he was back ' real soon ' the other night. 

2 hours ago, Devron said:

There’s a game on tomorrow too lol

If they don't move Lindy, hope he gets fired up and play well.  Must be tough on the guy.  Just moved to a new team and hearing these rumors.  

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

If they don't move Lindy, hope he gets fired up and play well.  Must be tough on the guy.  Just moved to a new team and hearing these rumors.  

Still think he’s better for us then moving him for a winger 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

I agree bro but to be honest I haven't seen anything special about him..But I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. P/O performer..maybe?

• Upvote 2

We don't have to give up on Lindholm yet, but we still need a winger who can play in the top 6 consistently. Tocc has been shuffling his top 6 in the last few game so much that I'm starting to worry if we're going to have a stable 4 lines going in the playoffs. 

I do wonder how long it'll take until fans starts turning on Lindholm if he doesn't start showing more...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wing said:

We don't have to give up on Lindholm yet, but we still need a winger who can play in the top 6 consistently. Tocc has been shuffling his top 6 in the last few game so much that I'm starting to worry if we're going to have a stable 4 lines going in the playoffs. 

I do wonder how long it'll take until fans starts turning on Lindholm if he doesn't start showing more...

Our 3rd and 4th lines are fine.  

Petey and Hoggy seem fine as a duo. 

JT needs to find some magic again at 5 on 5 though with someone. He's been a lone wolf and performed well. 

• Confused 1

All this trade deadline stuff is great. I've really enjoyed reading it, but it's not as advertised 'a game day thread'. Thanks everyone for all your comments, but I am looking forward to a real game day Canucks/Vegas thread.

54 minutes ago, Devron said:

We haven’t even used our final form yet, where he takes 2C and we re-unite the lotto line.

Will be easier if we can add another top 6 winger, admittedly… but

Hoglander-Lindholm-??? (podkolzin? Suter? Laffrrty?) isn’t the worst 2nd line, especially if “the third line” is back at full strength and the lotto line is firing.

Edited by The Duke
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Unless Lindholm finds chemistry here or we add another legitimate forward threat, I can't see how we can beat VGK or COL 4 times in 7 games.

Don't be so quick to write off Lindholm. He has a lot of experience playing against the best players in the Pacific Division, so I don't worry about his defensive abilities at all. He also wins faceoffs more than anyone else on the team. I believe the offense will come, maybe not steadily, but maybe at important points in games. He has shown an ability to score before, so it is reasonable to expect he can do that again. 

For your viewing pleasure: 

Edit: I just watched the whole video again. All but six or eight of his goals were one timers off great passes from Gaudreau or Tkachuk. He might be most effective at the bumper position on the power play, if they keep him.

Edited by Curmudgeon