[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

I'm getting this feeling that JR/Allvin might run out of time, spending so much time on the Guentzel deal. (well, as far as we know) 

Will they actually do something? Or will they say they made their big move by trading for Lindholm in January? The Canucks could also sign Phil, sounds like that could happen. I like new players, but I wonder if what they have will be good enough this year? The Canucks weren't expected to do anything, but it looks like we're finally going to see playoffs. Maybe just getting in and seeing what happens is fine for this year. They've been at the top of the standings all year, it could still be a special playoffs. I really don't like giving up 1sts and high end prospects. 

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Pettersson - Lindholm - Mikheyev

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Lafferty - Suter - Kessel

Podkolzin

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Cost for Toronto is a 3rd & a 5th for Edmundson. Not bad.

Wonder what kind of depth D could've available beyond Edmundson.

Since we've been so linked to Pittsburgh, Marcus Petterson is UFA after next season and cap hit is 4.025M (maybe we get Pitts/3rd party to retain). Same deal for Adam Larsson or William Borgen out of Seattle, at lower caps.

As for guys that are UFA this year and teams that have begun to look at selling some, there's Zaitsev in Chicago (which I wouldn't be interested in...), Dumba in ARI, Erik Johnson in Buffalo who I believe was held out for trade reasons yesterday. Pickings are getting slim, which is why I'm looking more at guys that are UFA after next year. I'd be more interested in shoring up that depth longer term.

45 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

* probable 20th-24overall (with the way we’ve play since acquiring Lindholm

** agreed

*** possible Adam Fox

* as it sits we are #2 overall so 20th isn't a thing 

*** Adam Fox as in wasn't going to sign

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Highstickin said:

I'm not in the dressing room so I can't say for certain how RT treated Kuzy but from everything I have heard from Petey, Hughes and Boeser through interviews they love the way RT and crew have coached them. The coaching staff we have now has brought a level of structure we haven't seen in a while and I think the results speak for themselves. What message does it send to the rest of the players if RT and crew allow Kuzy to just do what he wants when he wants? The start of last season should be evidence enough that allowing top end players to simply play creative is not enough to win games. 

In my experiences, playing with players that only play with creativity and can't follow the rules of a simple breakout or D zone structure is very frustrating. you can never trust that they will be where you need them when you need them. It actually makes everyone else on the ice worse. 

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how things evolve in Calgary. Very well written response but I don't think he was as bad as you make him out to be. I don't think RT's problem with him was all on the ice, Hughes said he was a happy go lucky guy, does Rick seem happy go lucky or someone who would see that type in a positive light? I think he was super well liked in the room and provided an intangible there.....chemistry is a real thing.  Is it just total coincidence that the team slumped after he was traded...maybe...maybe not....what's done is done but I don't have to agree with it.

I digress.... I hope we can add some pieces to get things moving again and I have no problem if they flip Lindholm.

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Would rather have Toffoli.

430123214_10160799766105549_477825384545

Yup. He’d be a nice add and probably be happy to re-sign here with competent FO. Sounds like he never wanted to leave in the first place. To me this was the second biggest blunder on JB. OEL being the other, though it did get us Garly.

59 minutes ago, Dom said:

ITS PHIL THE FUCKING THRILL TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@-dlc- Sorry to ruin your morning! 

Wasn’t Johnston saying yesterday Kessel signing wasn’t likely. 50/50 and he’s gone on both sides now, lol.

2 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Wasn’t Johnston saying yesterday Kessel signing wasn’t likely. 50/50 and he’s gone on both sides now, lol.

No Patrick Johnson said wasn't likely.

Edited by Captain Hughes
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Not Johnston. It was someone though.