[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I would prefer him though Guentzel is probably the better player. Between all these wingers available feel Buchnevich is probably best fit for what we need but the name that comes up the least. 

I agree. Guentzel is intriguing but Toffoli you know can work here (its not another hope thing), and he brings alot of two way value to the table aswell.

Buchnevich is always someone I liked too, seems like the ask is sky high (think Frank said they want the equivalent of 3 1sts for him at 50%). If we were paying another premium I'd rather Buch than renting Guentzel. But Toffoli might be the best option of all.

1 minute ago, Mando27 said:

Wouldn't be a bad add, if he comes cheap.

Mantha got a 2nd + 4th. I imagine he costs a bit more but not Guentzel level.

2nd + 3rd/4th + Raty? 

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I agree. Guentzel is intriguing but Toffoli you know can work here (its not another hope thing), and he brings alot of two way value to the table aswell.

Buchnevich is always someone I liked too, seems like the ask is sky high (think Frank said they want the equivalent of 3 1sts for him at 50%). If we were paying another premium I'd rather Buch than renting Guentzel. But Toffoli might be the best option of all.

Mantha got a 2nd + 4th. I imagine he costs a bit more but not Guentzel level.

2nd + 3rd/4th + Raty? 

Similar to what I was suggesting. I think they might want a roster player back, as they've got forwards 12 listed (although on their D list, Smith and MacDermid are both listed as D/LW, so maybe not). Not sure if they'd want Mik, but if it isn't him then it has to be Garland. In which case, the pick must be lesser (but I wouldn't want to move Garly anyway).

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

MUCH better option IMO.  Toffoli already has shown chemistry with both Petey and Lindholm, and he will definitely be cheaper to acquire. 

Toffoli won't be as explosive dynamically as Guentzel (particularly in the playoffs), but the hopes is that the line of Toffoli-Petey-Lindholm would be instant chemistry.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

The more I see Tanev and Toffoli were former Nux when this core finally had some success in the COVID cup, the more I dislike how JB managed this team. 

No wonder EP waited to sign long term.  

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

MUCH better option IMO.  Toffoli already has shown chemistry with both Petey and Lindholm, and he will definitely be cheaper to acquire. 

Toffoli won't be as explosive dynamically as Guentzel (particularly in the playoffs), but the hopes is that the line of Toffoli-Petey-Lindholm would be instant chemistry.

I agree. I never wanted Toffoli to leave as he fit in so well with our group.  Acquiring him from NJ adds a player that already has proven chemistry with two of our forwards. I wouldn't even mind a 3-4 year extension for him either,  especially if we end up with a Stanley Cup win as a result

Edited by BTueyCanucksFan
Spelling and grammar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

The more I see Tanev and Toffoli were former Nux when this core finally had some success in the COVID cup, the more I dislike how JB managed this team. 

No wonder EP waited to sign long term.  

He was a shambolic GM. Decent scout, but a travesty of a GM. 

Watch VGK grab Guentzel at 50% retained, and Duhaime as well.

VGK has $3.8M in cap space even after acquiring Mantha and Hanifin.

You know Stone is gonna come back for the playoffs, so here's your 2-time Stanley Cup winning VGK Roster:

Stone-Eichel-Marchessault

Guentzel-Stephenson-Barbashev

Amadio-Karlsson-Mantha

Kolesar-Roy-Duhaime

Martinez-Pietrangelo

McNabb-Theodore

Hanifin-Whitecloud

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

You know Stone is gonna come back for the playoffs, so here's your 2-time Stanley Cup winning VGK Roster:

Amadio-Karlsson-Mantha

Kolesar-Roy-Duhaime

Martinez-Pietrangelo

McNabb-Theodore

Hanifin-Whitecloud

It would be funnier to watch them fail then.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Amadio-Karlsson-Mantha

Kolesar-Roy-Duhaime

Martinez-Pietrangelo

McNabb-Theodore

Hanifin-Whitecloud

Yeah,  bring it on.

Regardless what happens in the end, I'm confident this management would not screw up the team for a reckless trade.

He they can only make small moves now, then so be it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Amadio-Karlsson-Mantha

Kolesar-Roy-Duhaime

Martinez-Pietrangelo

McNabb-Theodore

Hanifin-Whitecloud

They have the emptiest cupboards in the league with an aged core that’s becoming super fragile, if you play Vegas in playoffs you just send everyone out there to hit them and hurt them and you know the oilers are as dirty as they come could work out nice for us 

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Toffoli would be a great add. 

Pettersson - Lindholm - Toffoli

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser 

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Lafferty - Suter - Kessel/Duhaime

Exactly the lines I was thinking.

100% more on the Toffolli idea and price. I don't wanna trade all our 1st rounders every year. Should keep at least 1 top 2 rounds picks each year. Or be getting people with some term or possibility or resigning with those picks. Stay competitive!! 

• Vintage 2

39 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

I think our d core is pretty solid and also can play physical (except for Huggy who makes up for it other ways). We'll get a good test tonight and that may tell us a not...positively I hope!

It’s solid, but need depth for injuries. Soucy back but Meyers down, we’re one injury away from having Friedman as our 6th going into the playoffs. Though Breezer is back, but will take awhile to get up to speed.

• ThereItIs 1

Imagine if we got Taffoli. Then Dubas realizes that his price is way too high on Guentzal and so we end up getting him too. We probably don’t have a 1st rounder for the next 3 years and we probably don’t have both Podz and Ratay, but we might have a cup and a hell of a lot of beer in our bellies 😄