[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Just now, Northern_Nuck said:

We’ve got 24 hours…. Hopefully we add some toughness, since it’s looking like we’re gonna get Vegas in the 1st round. 

Why Vegas? If we get Vegas first round it means their moves aren’t working out lol 

• Cheers 1

We’ve got 24 hours…. Hopefully we add some toughness, since it’s looking like we’re gonna get Vegas in the 1st round. 

I know I just have PTSD from ' We've ran out of time! '

Just now, Captain insano said:

Why Vegas? If we get Vegas first round it means their moves aren’t working out lol 

Because Edmonton has 4 games in hand on us and is playing at a 75% win rate, while we’re playing at a 45% win rate.  There’s a good possibility that Edmonton passes us for top seed unless Vancouver starts playing .600-.700 hockey immediately. 

2 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Because Edmonton has 4 games in hand on us and is playing at a 75% win rate, while we’re playing at a 45% win rate.  There’s a good possibility that Edmonton passes us for top seed unless Vancouver starts playing .600-.700 hockey immediately. 

Snoop Dogg Gravy GIF

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I would take that bet, we had a little slump but Edmonton has like 4 back to backs and very tough schedule after coming off their easiest schedule of the year 

• Like 2

Just now, Captain insano said:

I would take that bet, we had a little slump but Edmonton has like 4 back to backs and very tough schedule after coming off their easiest schedule of the year 

I think our 9 game home stand should tell us what to expect. We have lots of 2-days inbetween games. But if Edmonton is consistent with those games in hand there’s a possibility that they’re 1-3 pts behind us with 10 games left in the season. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I think our 9 game home stand should tell us what to expect. We have lots of 2-days inbetween games. But if Edmonton is consistent with those games in hand there’s a possibility that they’re 1-3 pts behind us with 10 games left in the season. 

Oilers have been playing playoff hockey for 3 months already just to get back into being relevant, a crash is imminent when you play your stars as much as Edmonton does 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Zadorov and Lindholm were great additions.  I think they don’t need to do anything major.    Zucker would be cool.  Let’s not gut the future though.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Screw said:

Zadorov and Lindholm were great additions.  I think they don’t need to do anything major.    Zucker would be cool.  Let’s not gut the future though.

On top of bringing in Kessel I think Zucker who brings a ton of speed and has always been a good forechecker who has good hands around the net those two alone could be nice adds upfront.

Still feel like a veteran depth dman would be ideal if attainable.

• Vintage 3

I really hope we are not in on a big name. This is just a good year we stumbled into after a decade of doing nothing at all. The prospect pool is still very thin and there are no picks left in this year's draft. Do we really want to stumble into the next hole after these playoffs? This is not a deep team. We are 2 top 6 forwards short even before the other teams added. Let's have some fun this year and than stabilise the franchise further so we don't have to suffer through a decade of sucking again.

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

On top of bringing in Kessel I think Zucker who brings a ton of speed and has always been a good forechecker who has good hands around the net those two alone could be nice adds upfront.

Still feel like a veteran depth dman would be ideal if attainable.

Yes, I bet RHD.   Eric Johnson would be my pick

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Hilarious gif aside, it makes you think something is happening, between this and the likelihood of Kessel signing, something has to give.

If by something you mean CFF's collective patience, yes

23 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I think Vegas and the Oilers are gonna clash in the first round...but we'll see. 

Everyone it seems is making moves, except for the Canucks, especially all the western conference teams it seems. 

Vegas made some really bold moves (questionable as well how they seem to have unlimited cap space while everyone else is restricted to it). 

Coloardo making moves. They just acquired Duhaime for their bottom six. Further strengthening their team. 

Edmonton making moves to getting stronger. 

Dallas made their moves and have gotten defensively stronger. 

Where are we? How come it feels like either Allvin and Rutherford are brewing something, or they've got nothing. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Everyone it seems is making moves, except for the Canucks, especially all the western conference teams it seems. 

Vegas made some really bold moves (questionable as well how they seem to have unlimited cap space while everyone else is restricted to it). 

Coloardo making moves. They just acquired Duhaime for their bottom six. Further strengthening their team. 

Where are we? How come it feels like either Allvin and Rutherford are brewing something, or they've got nothing. 

While more moves are likely, the canucks have made trades in advance of the deadline already.

11 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

I really hope we are not in on a big name. This is just a good year we stumbled into after a decade of doing nothing at all. The prospect pool is still very thin and there are no picks left in this year's draft. Do we really want to stumble into the next hole after these playoffs? This is not a deep team. We are 2 top 6 forwards short even before the other teams added. Let's have some fun this year and than stabilise the franchise further so we don't have to suffer through a decade of sucking again.

I'm of this opinion as well. I think we've had a great year to be honest, and something to build on. There's no way this is an all in year, and then we rebuild next year (or retool, whatever the term), right? Let the boys get some experience, and then add to the roster next year. The only concern for me is that next year's roster feels like it's going to be weaker than this year's roster. There's a lot of UFA's, and not sure if those guys are all coming back. I can do without some of them - Lafferty, I thought originally we had to bring back, but I think management can find better and younger options for the role that Lafferty brings. 

We also don't have a lot of draft capital. So how and where are Allvin and Rutherford going to continue to stockpile their farm team with young, cheap ELC's? 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I doubt they have nothing on the go.   I would be surprised if they didn’t make a couple more moves.

Just now, BlueJays said:

While more moves are likely, the canucks have made trades in advance of the deadline already.

Yeah, i get that. But it feels like all the other teams are getting stronger. When I look at what Vegas has done, I'm not sure that if we were to face them, that we could get through honestly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

2-7-1 in their last 10. Teams are creeping up with 20 games to go. It could happen. I hope it happens.

I don't wish pain on anyone but it would be awesome if they had Eichel, Hanafin, Peterangelo and Theodore all injure themselves after the deadline. Sweet sweet karma!