[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Just now, BCNate said:

Why?  Trenin doesn't move the needle all that much.  He is an OK defensive C, but black hole offensively.  He is about a Blueger level player.

The Avs & Knights have both absolutely LOADED up, it'll be them in the WCF barring something changing drastically IMO. 

• Tank 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Yea, it's like people forgot we made a bunch of moves early. I could see us adding more depth but nothing massive.

I expect one more to shore up the top 6 forward corps, specifically a winger. 

7 minutes ago, Dom said:

Yeah.... we are so fcked lol

I like that for the Avs.  However we might face Nashville 1st round. All bets are off after round one.  Depends on injuries and such.

18 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Yea, it's like people forgot we made a bunch of moves early. I could see us adding more depth but nothing massive.

Grabbed one of the premier defensive centermen and one of the biggest and hardest hitting defensemen in the league from the same team, but somehow the Canucks are becoming yesterday’s news. Silly as hell. As soon as Alvin’s next move happens, watch the mania ensue. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Sure doesn’t seem like any good deals out there. I would have been happy with that Mantha for the second and fourth. Some of these asks are ridiculous 

I think the reported asks are far higher than any of the returns so far.  1st, prospect, conditional pick seems to be par for the course on the bigger deals, which is pretty reasonable.  I don't think anyone has really overpaid as of yet.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Screw said:

Zadorov and Lindholm were great additions.  I think they don’t need to do anything major.    Zucker would be cool.  Let’s not gut the future though.

I kind of agree with you, but Zucker is a bit of a disappointment.  The way things are lining up,

it is looking like a lot of the Canucks competition in the playoffs are going to be tough

contenders.  The team needs to get past the 1st round, but the 2nd (at least) should be the

target if they want to give the core some playoff experience. 

The focus on team development will continue in each of the next 3 years.  It's best not

to lose the future for a player that will likely walk away at the end of the season.

I do think that Zucker would be a solid improvement on JT's line with Brock.

Hogs and Petey.  Lindy plays better at C, but I don't know how that would work with EP.

Josh will be back soon to reunite the 3rd (Suter for + offence).

4th line is Blueger with any mix of Laughy, Aman, Podz, Mik, Di Gi and Kessel?

That's a lot of depth.  Especially if Kessel can bring some offence to any of

the lines.

• Cheers 1