[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

23 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

If Kuzmenko was a faster skater (he's one of the slowest in the league), do you think Tocchet would've liked him more?

.... Maybe, but not much more.

Where do we get player speed ratings?? are the top speed and acceleration metrics? 

11 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

(Canucks) Best team in the league all season laying an egg at the TDL so far.

A few other teams (COL, VGK, DAL, EDM) getting serious and look to be better than the Canucks now. Tic toc Allvin.

ice hockey GIF by Colorado Avalanche
Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

• ThereItIs 2

12 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Fair. Imagine having two top-6 power forwards in he and Miller though. That move along would vault us up to super-contender status. 

I would view a Tuch trade much along the same lines as when we picked up Miller. 

People thought we overpaid at the time for Miller... but you have to give to get

IMO Tuch is exactly what we need...and signed at a reasonable Cap for 2 more seasons.

I feel he would take his game to a new level playing here and under Tocc system, 

I don't mind moving POTENTIAL talent (top prospects) for PROVEN talent when there's term and your in your competitive window.

Just makes me sick to move potential talent for a rental. 

Just my take though 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

Podz + 2025 1st + for Tuch/Toffoli/Buchnevich do whatever it takes IMO. 

Tuch and Buchnevich yes. Toffoli you could get for a B grade prospect and a 2nd. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pears said:

Tuch and Buchnevich yes. Toffoli you could get for a B grade prospect and a 2nd. 

If that's the case why has nobody got him yet? Not being a smart ass, genuinely asking. Are they waiting for Guentzel? 

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

If that's the case why has nobody got him yet? Not being a smart ass, genuinely asking. Are they waiting for Guentzel? 

I think salary and possibly Guentzel himself are what's holding this up. Otherwise yeah I feel like he would've been moved a day or two ago. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dom said:

They weren't shopping Tuch... only saw an update today suggesting he could be available. 

Perhaps seeing the asking price for Buchnevich got them thinking.

I didn't know they were shopping Casey Mittelstadt either though, sometimes trades come out of left field.  

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Giroux is the only big ticket that interests me. 

Hoping for Clutterbuck/Beck Malenstyne/Parker Kelly

Also interested in Mattias Maccelli, if Pete needs a creative winger. 

Giroux has a NMC and won't want to leave Ottawa. 

I like the idea of Clutterbuck/Malenstyne/Kelly for cheap. 

Maccelli won't be available. He's a Coyote as much as Cooley is

28 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Where do we get player speed ratings?? are the top speed and acceleration metrics? 

NHL Edge - a useful, albeit imperfect tool for analyzing some metrics.

You do not need to be a fast skater to be effective in the NHL.  But you're slow and you don't defend... you are likely not a player that will fit into Tocchet's high-tempo forechecking system.

https://edge.nhl.com/en/skater/20232024-regular-8483808

Scoring depth is coming....

Jonathan Lekkerimaki's team lost this morning and fell to 10th in the standings...

Only 2 games left till his season is over, do we see a Lekker sighting in Vancouver in 10 days? LOL 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

They weren't shopping Tuch... only saw an update today suggesting he could be available. 

Perhaps seeing the asking price for Buchnevich got them thinking.

I didn't know they were shopping Casey Mittelstadt either though, sometimes trades come out of left field.  

Mittelstadt has been in rumors all season. With Thompson and Cozens locked in long-term and Mittelstadt being a pending RFA it's been a case of not needing a redundant piece. However it was moreso that Buffalo has been listening to offers than outright shopping him.

Tuch on the other hand has always been off the table, so if that's suddenly changed he could fetch a very high price. They would have to take a contract back for any team to fit him in. I would offer something along the lines of Garland, 2025 1st, and Raty and go from there.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Giroux is the only big ticket that interests me. 

Hoping for Clutterbuck/Beck Malenstyne/Parker Kelly

Also interested in Mattias Maccelli, if Pete needs a creative winger. 

Giroux is a beast. I would love to have him