[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, Diamonds said:

Mittelstadt has been in rumors all season. With Thompson and Cozens locked in long-term and Mittelstadt being a pending RFA it's been a case of not needing a redundant piece. However it was moreso that Buffalo has been listening to offers than outright shopping him.

Tuch on the other hand has always been off the table, so if that's suddenly changed he could fetch a very high price. They would have to take a contract back for any team to fit him in. I would offer something along the lines of Garland, 2025 1st, and Raty and go from there.

I wasn't aware of Mittelstadt's situation but to be honest I hadn't been following Buffalo much this season.   

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think fans would like the speed he'd bring 

We could do worse

It's just kinda....meh. I'd probably just prefer to keep whatever assets it would cost to trade for him. We need needle movers (even at higher cost) not  "meh". Those kind of assets I'd rather see spent on grit and D.

Edited by aGENT

1 minute ago, Screw said:

Such a fun time even being in the conversation as a buyer.  It’s been so long.

Exactly.  Enjoying the ride.  

It's very possible that either VGK or Oilers can be first round exits.  

Nux need to focus on winning the div.  

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

NHL Edge - a useful, albeit imperfect tool for analyzing some metrics.

You do not need to be a fast skater to be effective in the NHL.  But you're slow and you don't defend... you are likely not a player that will fit into Tocchet's high-tempo forechecking system.

https://edge.nhl.com/en/skater/20232024-regular-8483808

I always thought Jeff Skinner was a pretty good skater?

6 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Toffoli would be a good consolation prize.

Price for Guentzel must be quite high, and rightly so.

I'd actually rather pay less for Taffoli than more for Guentzel. If that's a possibility. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I'd actually rather pay less for Taffoli than more for Guentzel. If that's a possibility. 

I am very nervous about spending big on a player that had his success next to Crosby. I feel he will dip hard

Edited by Vollmilch90
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Well yeah. 

Guentz is going to cost a lot. 

It’s a payment I don’t think PA wants to or needs to pay. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Vollmilch90 said:

I am very nervous about spending big for a player that had his success next to Crosby. I feel he will dip hard

Because Petey/Miller are trash? 🤔

Crosby by all means is a GOAT...but he's also 36.5 years old. Guentzel has also still performed quite well when not playing with Crosby FWIW. The guy's a legit 1st line winger, Crosby or otherwise.