[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

11 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we grab both Barabanov and Duclair for a 2nd and a 4th or equivalent price. Don't think we'll be overpaying for any of the big ticket items anymore, and the depth helps us keep the 3 headed monster in the middle. 

Duclair - Petey - Hoglander 

Suter - Miller - Boeser 

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland 

Barabanov - Blueger - Lafferty

Of course, Tofu would be a much nicer add. 2nd + Silovs + 3rd? 

Could be a combination of the three even

Lower key adds are probably better long-term anyway

I’m glad we ran into this slump and came down to earth. It’s likely going to save our top prospects. The west is too strong to come out of. Let’s be real here. This next phase of the teams progression is playoff experience. It’s not impossible but unlikely to waltz into the playoffs and win the cup. 

• Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I didn't say it was. I have zero desire to meet Dubass' suppposed ask. I'm pushing back on this concept that Guentzel is going to fall off a cliff without Crosby. It's silly. He hasn't before when playing without him, and Guentzel's a good player on his own. It's a silly concern.

If you wouldn’t meet Dubas’ ask, then this is a moot point and discussion. 

30 minutes ago, ngoway said:

I think we're seeing why PA and Rutherford made so many moves early on. Like many of us, I know we're antsy to see some more trades, but I'd rather management take their time today to really get the right trades done. I'm still hoping we keep Lindholm as I feel he's got lots more to give.

With that being said, I'm also hoping we find an additional RW and RD. That would really help round out our group nicely.

Agreed, but I also feel they may have been a little too focused on their specific targets and missed on some solid depth deals at "reasonable" prices...likely still overlays but a 3rd round pick instead of a 4th/5th round pick type of overpay, rather than a top prospect, 1st round pick, and young roster player type ocerpay

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I’m glad we ran into this slump and came down to earth. It’s likely going to save our top prospects. The west is too strong to come out of. Let’s be real here. This next phase of the teams progression is playoff experience. It’s not impossible but unlikely to waltz into the playoffs and win the cup. 

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

36 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

If Crosby's addition brought 1 or 2 Cups to Vancouver, there wouldn't be anyone crying over the cost paid, with the exception of a few trolls here that would bitch about the Cup not being polished to a high enough sheen to their liking when presented to the Canucks. However, will Crosby for <insert package> guarantee a Cup ... well that is the Million Dollar Question, isn't it. 

Boston set the record record for most points last year and to everyone's shock (but not displeasure) were bounced in the first round. A stacked team does not a Cup winner make. 

Go Canucks Go!

So true, a lot of things need to fall in line

36 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

And that's not really my point either. I am having fun this season and if Petey explodes, I will be happy. 

I just don't think it is reasonable to say that there is no drop of between Crosby and Pettersson. 

The discussion isn’t about Crosby nor Petey. 

It’s about Guentzel’s drop off based on whether or not he drops off IF Guentz is acquired and plays in the top Canuck 6 with Petey vs playing with Crosby. 

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If you wouldn’t meet Dubas’ ask, then this is a moot point and discussion. 

Nobody has me t Dubas' ask. Hence why he hasn't been moved yet. So no, it really isn't. And regardless of which team actually acquires him, the theory/fear that he's going to fall off a cliff without Crosby, remains silly and not based in reality.

4 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

By the deadline tomorrow for all we know Podkolzin and another young piece are gone and the Canucks have Guentzel or who knows.

If you look at the trades from October onward, the Canucks have more than kept pace with some of these other clubs trades from within the past what ? 48 hours. Recency bias is playing into this and people are no doubt excited this time of year but the teams adding like Colorado, Vegas, Rangers ? and so on, they are adding to try and improve and also have more bodies come Playoffs. It is a war of attrition. The Canucks have added some very strong, key players already. Teams are actually not thrilled about playing our club, the Canucks are hard to play against and the team's defense is intimidating to the opposition. Canucks will be ok. Enjoy the ride!

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

first place team all year but might as well throw in the towel because they had a down month and some teams made a couple trades. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Rumoured to be involved in a Guentzel deal

Don't know why they'd bother? Apparently Guentzel is going to suck as soon as Crosby's not propping him up 🤪

2 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Rumoured to be involved in a Guentzel deal

This makes a LOT of sense.  Carolina is the team with lots of assets to spare, and they sat on their hands last time and got nowhere because of it.  Lesson learned.  Go for the big fish and give it your best shot.