[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

I can see Guentzel in Carolina. Makes sense they need something big to push them over the edge and they have assets and their main guys are locked into solid contracts. Move Bunting or Terevainen off the team to clear some extra cap and give up a big prospect and a 1st and I think that will do it roughly. 

I bet they'll even go to extend him.

I think targeting Greenway and Toffoli would not only solidify the lineup but it wouldn’t cost us as much as Guentzel. There is enough size and skill in this lineup to hopefully get us far in the playoffs. I would add to this a depth defencemen and I think we’re set. 

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Pettersson - Lindholm - Toffoli

Joshua - Blueger - Garland 

Greenway - Suter - Podkolzin 

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [GDT] Let's do a Thing! - Trades, Trades and More Trades with Guentzel to Carolina - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT
11 minutes ago, tas said:

first place team all year but might as well throw in the towel because they had a down month and some teams made a couple trades. 

You know how to read bro? I said I’m glad we aren’t throwing away our top prospects. I’d like the team to just see how they do in the playoffs before making big moves. 

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

You know how to read bro? I said I’m glad we aren’t throwing away our top prospects. I’d like the team to just see how they do in the playoffs before making big moves. 

this is the year to push chips in. 

I like a Toffoli coming back to Van for something like a 2nd and maybe a later pick for a little retention. 

Greenway is another target I'd be okay with. I wonder if we can move Mik for Greenway and like a 4th round pick. We save a little money for a bottom 6 guy with size. Buff gets the better player back who may find his scoring touch again and it costs them a later pick for that difference. 

Just now, Bobby James said:

I like a Toffoli coming back to Van for something like a 2nd and maybe a later pick for a little retention. 

Greenway is another target I'd be okay with. I wonder if we can move Mik for Greenway and like a 4th round pick. We save a little money for a bottom 6 guy with size. Buff gets the better player back who may find his scoring touch again and it costs them a later pick for that difference. 

Canucks don't want to move Mik, they think he'll be the best version of himself after he fully heals from his knee injury.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So, Toffoli had his best season ever playing with Lindholm?  🤔

Pettersson     Miller            Boeser

Hoglander      Lindholm     Toffoli

Joshua           Blueger        Garland

Mikheyev       Suter            Lafferty

Aman

This lineup makes total sense now.  We can use Lindholm as a 2C so he isn't considered a "mistake" by Allvin.  4 solid lines all the way through...

• Like 1