[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

13 minutes ago, Dom said:

Koivunen is 20, has 55 pts in 57 games in the SM-LIIGA.  

Lucius is 19, has back to back 30pts in 30 games for the U of Wisconsin. 

Ponomarev is 21, has 29 pts in 39 games for the Chicago Wolves. 

I'd say it's disappointing, but they all have potential. 

Seems more like 2nd round picks or maybe even 3rd round picks.  Pretty weak return considering the hype around the ask.

Finally get back into the playoff race, and it's the year 5-6 teams in the west can all reasonably go deep. Florida has a pretty anemic road on the east side. I can see them winning it all as Vancouver, Edmonton, Dallas, Colorado, Vegas, and Winnipeg beat the shit outta each other in the west. Even LA is annoying to play against, especially once they get Kempe and Arvidsson back. Among others who are LTIR right now. This is a brutal year to be a contender in the west. Boston and Florida are the only teams that look really strong in the east. Honorable mention to Carolina now.

Just now, Captain Hughes said:

That first is second if they don't make the finals 

So CAR 6th 7th and 9th rated prospects + 2nd + 5th

Prospect rankings according to The Athletic 

https://theathletic.com/5270519/2024/02/18/hurricanes-nhl-prospect-pool-rankings-2024/

Pretty good deal for CAR

I think Dumbass chased a lot of teams away by asking for too much and this is what he was left with...

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Finally get back into the playoff race, and it's the year 5-6 teams in the west can all reasonably go deep. Florida has a pretty anemic road on the east side. I can see them winning it all as Vancouver, Edmonton, Dallas, Colorado, Vegas, and Winnipeg beat the shit outta each other in the west. Even LA is annoying to play against, especially once they get Kempe and Arvidsson back. Among others who are LTIR right now. This is a brutal year to be a contender in the west. Boston and Florida are the only teams that look really strong in the east. Honorable mention to Carolina now.

Tampa?

19 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

What kind of prospects do we have that are comparable that we'd reasonably want to give up? Lekker and Willander have been off the table the entire time. Sounds like management wasn't prepared to give up Pod or Hogs. After that, D Petey and Raty are the only real prospects of value. We don't have a lot to add beyond them, and like you said our 1st probably wasn't going out for a rental. I mean, yes we could have beat the deal. But management didn't for a reason. Not worth it.

CAR 6th 7th and 9th rated prospects + 2nd + 5th

( the 2nd turns into 1st if CAR makes the SCF)

Prospect rankings according to The Athletic 

https://theathletic.com/5270519/2024/02/18/hurricanes-nhl-prospect-pool-rankings-2024/

Nothing of Hogz Podz Willander Lekkerimaki D Petey level in that trade..

Edited by WHL rocks

Miks best game of the year. Pods playing well tonight.

Canucks playing like they did in the first 2/3 of the year when they took first place in the NHL.

Maybe Buch for our 2025 1st and Lekk? I did not want to do that but read more about him and that makes sense. Move some cap out in the deal?? 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Mikheyev is having a great game.  Very noticeable at both ends of the ice.  

You must be too young to remember Steve “hands of stone” Bernier. 

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

No, I just don't see the similarities.  Bernier was an extremely soft player and not particularly strong defensively.  

10 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I’m not too young to remember Steve Bernier and I’m really not sure what connection you’re trying to make other than they both don’t score a lot. Completely different players lmao 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Tampa?

They aren't the same. Duclair is a solid add. But I don't think they're as deadly as the others. Definitely wouldn't be a top 5 team in the west. Winnipeg, Colorado, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Dallas all clear them imo. But hey, they do have that cup pedigree. Anything is possible. The east is weak enough just about anyone can make it. And if you do, you're facing a beaten down western team in the finals.

On 3/7/2024 at 5:25 AM, HKSR said:

Lol ok stick your head in the sand then.

I'm not a homer or a doomer.  I just see things objectively and appreciate other teams can be better than us.  Heck, that's the truth for 54 years and counting.

Can you at least see how we beat Vegas in a seven serie?