[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

No way..

Not after what they got from CAR. 

There are a lot of rumors but those 2 could not have been the ask and then turnaround and give him to CAR for what they did.

IF that was the ask it only means they didn't want to trade him to VAN for what ever reasons.

That totally could have been the ask. The ask isn't always even for all teams. Canucks are at the top of the league, which means theres always going to be a hidden reluctance for teams to want to trade with us.

They are going to try and squeeze more out of us than any other team. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

The peaky bluegers worked because of balance. Blueger is the glue there and his puck control and ability to harass the  other team without the puck was a key part with joshua creating space and turnover and garland ready to always make a play. Lindholm has a different skillset in my opinion and we're better building a new line around him. Love to see eberle with him.

DJ-Lind-Garland will be better. Lindholm is getting a rough ride by the fan base; the guy is not a goal scorer. He had an inflated number of goals playing with JG & MT. He does everything else SO well. Once that line starts to gel (you can see Lind and garland figuring it out), they’ll be great. Garland will just score more goals now as he’ll be getting gifted opportunities like he did Blueger in past. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

DJ-Lind-Garland will be better. Lindholm is getting a rough ride by the fan base; the guy is not a goal scorer. He had an inflated number of goals playing with JG & MT. He does everything else SO well. Once that line starts to gel (you can see Lind and garland figuring it out), they’ll be great. Garland will just score more goals now as he’ll be getting gifted opportunities like he did Blueger in past. 

Completely agree with this. The whole team has been struggling for a while. Last night was the first game in the last 10 where the lines seemed to gel. As a result Lindy was noticeably better. Great assist on the Garland goal. He also hit a post on a tip. And our PK was solid.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Looking at Frank's top 50; https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/trade-targets-final-top-50-on-the-move

Some names that stand out for me;

- Toffoli

- Pacioretty

- Zucker

- Greenway

- Barabanov

- Erik Johnson

- Colin Miller

I hope it’s Toffoli (75% Retained). 

We can run four strong lines in the playoffs.

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, Screw said:

Such a fun time even being in the conversation as a buyer.  It’s been so long.

So who's the "new" Raymond 2nd (it wasn't a first) and Ballard?    So we can free so much cap space to basically get anyone. 

Mikheyev a 2nd and Irwin, for Crosby 50% retained. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Me too. Elliotte threw some cold water on that but given the latest returns I don't see why we couldn't do something like Raty+2nd as a base.

I'm not high on glue.   Tyler Toffoli, didn't demonstrate a Tochett style of game.    Pearson barely did.      His specialty, is finding seems because away from the puck, he's invisible when it gets rough.    Now that guy from St. Louis, he's a Tochett type. 

Id rather we don't disrupt the locker room.  And work along the edges at this point.    A 3rd string NHL goalie.   And more blunt force trauma types.   That's about it.    TT we already did that rental once. 

Edited by IBatch

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Me too. Elliotte threw some cold water on that but given the latest returns I don't see why we couldn't do something like Raty+2nd as a base.

Ok then actually I’m okay with making no trades. Sign Kessel.

Need to keep Raty for the future and he’s been one of the best players in the AHL recently.

Canucks will sign Phil Kessel if they can clear cap space, 1 year pro rated deal league minimum per Dhaliwal. 

Not sure how they clear cap.... Myers? Mikheyev? 

12 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Because raty is a big part of the future.  Why would you mortgage that for a rental?

To me the untouchable are

Lek

Willandrr

D-petey

Raty

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

Canucks will sign Phil Kessel if they can clear cap space, 1 year pro rated deal league minimum per Dhaliwal. 

Not sure how they clear cap.... Myers? Mikheyev? 

Don’t need to clear cap to sign Kessel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I'm not high on glue.   Tyler Toffoli, didn't demonstrate a Tochett style of game.    Pearson barely did.      His specialty, is finding seems because away from the puck, he's invisible.    Now that guy from St. Louis, he's a Tochett type. 

Frank said early this week STL wants the equivalent of 3 1sts for Buchnevich with retention.. I just don't see it.

Toffoli is a solid 2 way player, not a bad details player & he can score. Was a top PKer in MTL.

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ok then actually I’m okay with making no trades. Sign Kessel.

Need to keep Raty for the future and he’s been one of the best players in the AHL recently.

Fair. I just don't know what else they'd give up. Not Lek, Willander. I wouldn't want to move D-Petey or Podkolzin. Bains? Don't think that would be ideal either. So then what?

Maybe Pacioretty could come cheaper. Zucker has been mentioned but hasnt ever been a particularly great playoff guy. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because raty is a big part of the future.  Why would you mortgage that for a rental?

To me the untouchable are

Lek

Willandrr

D-petey

Raty

I think what he is in the NHL is still up in the air. What about Bains? Wouldn't you prefer keeping him? He's closer & looks like a potential middle 6/bottom 9 guy.

Outside of those 2 what are we giving up? Don't see much.

17 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I'm not high on glue.   Tyler Toffoli, didn't demonstrate a Tochett style of game.    Pearson barely did.      His specialty, is finding seems because away from the puck, he's invisible.    Now that guy from St. Louis, he's a Tochett type. 

Id rather we don't disrupt the locker room.  And work along the edges at this point.    A 3rd string NHL goalie.   And more blunt force trauma types.   That's about it. 

Toffoli didn't play here under Tocchet so you can't really say what he'd do on his bench. 

He's a total team player with experience and I could see him buying in and being effective. He's a great communicator and plays a responsible game.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think what he is in the NHL is still up in the air. What about Bains? Wouldn't you prefer keeping him? He's closer & looks like a potential middle 6/bottom 9 guy.

Outside of those 2 what are we giving up? Don't see much.

Raty is 21 and is the best 2 way player in Abby, imo.  He's having a great year

3 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Toffoli, Greenway and Johnson should do 😅

Aside from size, I don't get why people like JG.  Everytime I watch him I just shake my head at how ineffective he is 

Just now, stawns said:

Raty is 21 and is the best 2 way player in Abby, imo.  He's having a great year

Have to give to get tho. Of TW, JL or Ratu, you move Ratu.

Petey with Toffoli could be a huge addition.

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t need to clear cap to sign Kessel.

Unless we put Myers on LTIR right fucking now, we only have $125k in cap space. So something would have to be done to sign Phil or to bring someone else in.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Have to give to get tho. Of TW, JL or Ratu, you move Ratu.

Petey with Toffoli could be a huge addition.

Not enough to move the needle to be worth it, imo.