[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Just now, stawns said:

Why?  They made their move with EL and they'll gain much needed playoff experience.  Go in with this lineup, keep your top prospects, go as far as you can and re-callibrate in the off season.

There are varying degrees of succes, it's not a binary all or nothing situation 

Maybe they see things differently than you? To be fair... you've been expecting the team to fall off a cliff all season; maybe they're better than you think they are? 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Jets are the only one with a comparable goaltender, but don't have as much depth. Oilers are effectively a 1 man team - they have other pieces but its all McD. Avs are a formidable opponent I agree but the Canucks depth could be better with a guy like Toffoli.

No ones saying it would be easy but those teams are looking at us as a formidable opponent aswell. 

And I don't think so.  I think the AVS, jets and oilers are all better teams than can.

The oilers are not a one man team.  I think the Oilers or Avs win it all this season

Just now, stawns said:

They didn't really give up much for him, do not like they gambled anything significant.

To move on from kuz

To help down the middle 

To keep him out of the west

Insurance policy if Petey didn't sign

lol enough with the insurance policy if ep doesn't sign crap.. he turned down 9mil from calgary.. if they signed lindholm for 9mil as an insurance policy? PA an JR should be fired.. the guy is on a steep offensive decline for like 2 years in a row since MT and JG abandoned him

you just said why bother trading asset and future for 1 or 2 round.. is the 1st and hunter and the 4th etc not an asset you can use in the future when we are legitimate cup contender?

Just now, Dizzle said:

Maybe they see things differently than you? To be fair... you've been expecting the team to fall off a cliff all season; maybe they're better than you think they are? 

I'm just likely to be right as you are

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

lol enough with the insurance policy if ep doesn't sign crap.. he turned down 9mil from calgary.. if they signed lindholm for 9mil as an insurance policy? PA an JR should be fired.. the guy is on a steep offensive decline for like 2 years in a row since MT and JG abandoned him

you just said why bother trading asset and future for 1 or 2 round.. is the 1st and hunter and the 4th etc not an asset you can use in the future when we are legitimate cup contender?

The late first I wasn't crazy about, the rest is nothing significant, outside of kuz.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

And I don't think so.  I think the AVS, jets and oilers are all better teams than can.

The oilers are not a one man team.  I think the Oilers or Avs win it all this season

If you swapped McDavid & Pettersson no one would be calling EDM a contender.

Not sold on Avs goaltending or depth. Not having Nuke/Landeskog are massive holes that haven't been filled from their cup team. Mittelstadt is good but has never played in the playoffs himself & they subtraced from their defensive depth to add him.

34 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Retroactive Joshua to LTIR?

31 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Unless we put Myers on LTIR right fucking now, we only have $125k in cap space. So something would have to be done to sign Phil or to bring someone else in.

He'd just displace one of PDG/Aman or you send Podkolzin down.

Just now, stawns said:

I'm just likely to be right as you are

The difference is that I was in agreement with you at the start of the season.. other than the post allstar blip - which is starting to look to be just that - they've continually shown themselves to be better than the wildcard(ish) team many of us thought they were. 

It's going to be real tuff to come out of the west this year... they've shown they can play with every single one of these teams though so why in the world would you just cave and say, 'maybe next year'? 

By all means... if the price is too high, than stand pat, but at the same time this team has earned the right to be supported in competing as much as is possible/reasonable. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If you swapped McDavid & Pettersson no one would be calling EDM a contender.

Not sold on Avs goaltending or depth. Not having Nuke/Landeskog are massive holes that haven't been filled from their cup team. Mittelstadt is good but has never played in the playoffs himself & they subtraced from their defensive depth to add him.

Disagree completely.  Thd oilers actually have a pretty deep lineup and a coach who understands how to maneuver them

I'm going to try and stop tdl watching for a few.

Wonder what we'll do. 

Insane level: crosby for lind/1sts/mik

Medium level: 1st + raty or dpetey for toff

Eberle for future 2nd

Greenway for future 2nd and 4th

Low level:

Kessel 

Sillinger for 3rd

Do nothing

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

The difference is that I was in agreement with you at the start of the season.. other than the post allstar blip - which is starting to look to be just that - they've continually shown themselves to be better than the wildcard(ish) team many of us thought they were. 

It's going to be real tuff to come out of the west this year... they've shown they can play with every single one of these teams though so why in the world would you just cave and say, 'maybe next year'? 

By all means... if the price is too high, than stand pat, but at the same time this team has earned the right to be supported in competing as much as is possible/reasonable. 

We'll see I guess.  This is Vans first run through the gauntlet, the rest of the top teams have invaluable playoff experience 

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Wonder what we'll do. 

Eberle for future 2nd

Low level:

Kessel 

Sillinger for 3rd

Do nothing

Kessel, that's probably it, imo

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

We'll see I guess.  This is Vans first run through the gauntlet, the rest of the top teams have invaluable playoff experience 

That experience definitely is an advantage... perhaps an argument in favour of someone like TT 😅

4 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Wonder what we'll do. 

Eberle for future 2nd

Low level:

Kessel 

Sillinger for 3rd

Do nothing

Eberle staying it seems

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

That experience definitely is an advantage... perhaps an argument in favour of someone like TT 😅

Don't get me wrong, I love TT and took a lot of heat when I said I wanted them to trade BB and keep TT.

I just don't think it's worth the price for a rental when I don't think they're a cup team

• Like 1

I cant imagine us making a deal.

Prices are sky high, and we have already made our big bold moves in Zadorov and Lindholm.

Also made early season additions with DeSmith, Lafferty and Friedman. Additionally having a healthy Soucy comeback recently and hoping for Joshua and Myers coming back healthy - those might be our deadline additions.

I fully expect a quiet day for us. Let the team gel and develop chemistry and we are starting to see that now. Dont mess anymore witht he team.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1