[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

23 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol enough with the insurance policy if ep doesn't sign crap.. he turned down 9mil from calgary.. if they signed lindholm for 9mil as an insurance policy? PA an JR should be fired.. the guy is on a steep offensive decline for like 2 years in a row since MT and JG abandoned him

you just said why bother trading asset and future for 1 or 2 round.. is the 1st and hunter and the 4th etc not an asset you can use in the future when we are legitimate cup contender?

You don't think PA/JR had a plan B if Petey looked like has wasn't going to resign?  I'd wager that part of the EL deal was to force Petey's hand

Edited by stawns

Rick dollywall still talking shit about the canucks trying to trade lindholm. Saying it's bad for team culture. Hate his negativity. He just trying to stir shit up cause that's all he knows cause he sure ain't a insider.

1 minute ago, Captain Hughes said:

Rick dollywall still talking shit about the canucks trying to trade lindholm. Saying it's bad for team culture. Hate his negativity. He just trying to stir shit up cause that's all he knows cause he sure ain't a insider.

Are you an insider on insiders? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol enough with the insurance policy if ep doesn't sign crap.. he turned down 9mil from calgary.. if they signed lindholm for 9mil as an insurance policy? PA an JR should be fired.. the guy is on a steep offensive decline for like 2 years in a row since MT and JG abandoned him

you just said why bother trading asset and future for 1 or 2 round.. is the 1st and hunter and the 4th etc not an asset you can use in the future when we are legitimate cup contender?

If money is what he's after he will regret turning down that Calgary offer. But there is a possibility he just wanted out of CowTown. He isn't warranting a $9M price tag. He's a good player, he wins draws, plays well defensively, but isn't putting up the points to warrant that. If he turns it around and has a good playoffs that could change obviously.

All that being said, I'm with you on the trade being mistimed for where this team is at. Hunter B is looking like a 3rd round steal, found money, and if the Canucks don't go deep they threw him away. I understand trading Kuz and the 1st but Hunter B was a big fish imo. The Canucks are going to need young impact players in the pipeline to maintain their competitiveness. Trading them shortens our window imo.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I'm going to try and stop tdl watching for a few.

Wonder what we'll do. 

Insane level: crosby for lind/1sts/mik

Medium level: 1st + raty or dpetey for toff

Eberle for future 2nd

Greenway for future 2nd and 4th

Low level:

Kessel 

Sillinger for 3rd

Do nothing

Honestly I don't think anything big. Cost is too much and Canucks won't part with their top prospects 

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

He reports what he's hearing. Insiders hear all kinds of things. No need to sound the alarm and get all huffy puffy about it. 

You ever hear the old saying "they say and I heard are the two biggest liars of all' 

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

FFS,

I was ok with doing not much at this deadline, but with every other team in the west making big moves,  it's not looking good.

Don't think Kessel is the answer here.

6 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

If money is what he's after he will regret turning down that Calgary offer. But there is a possibility he just wanted out of CowTown. He isn't warranting a $9M price tag. He's a good player, he wins draws, plays well defensively, but isn't putting up the points to warrant that. If he turns it around and has a good playoffs that could change obviously.

All that being said, I'm with you on the trade being mistimed for where this team is at. Hunter B is looking like a 3rd round steal, found money, and if the Canucks don't go deep they threw him away. I understand trading Kuz and the 1st but Hunter B was a big fish imo. The Canucks are going to need young impact players in the pipeline to maintain their competitiveness. Trading them shortens our window imo.

I think he just wanted out of calgary