[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

FFS,

I was ok with doing not much at this deadline, but with every other team in the west making big moves,  it's not looking good.

Don't think Kessel is the answer here.

The Canucks don't have the assets left to pull off a deal for TT without giving up a top prospect imo.

Just now, Jester13 said:

Deadline hasn't arrived yet, but if Lindholm is all we add and he doesn't re-sign and we don't win the cup, we'll all be hearing about how it wasn't worth it for a long time. 

They didn't give up much, imo 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Everyone else is loading up but the Canucks has me thinking  JB PA don’t really see us as a contender this year.  Winging it with what they have. And get rid of the dead weight in the off season ??  

Just now, Coryberg said:

Interested to see what the cost was

Well they don't have many picks left, and the only prospects left to deal are top prospects that they need because the OEL buyout is going to hit hard 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They didn't give up much, imo 

I agree, but if the trade doesn't turn into winning a cup, we did give up a really good RHD prospect, a 1st, and a 4th. Oh, and Kuzy. The cap space will be nice after the season, though. 

Well they don't have many picks left, and the only prospects left to deal are top prospects that they need because the OEL buyout is going to hit hard 

Maybe Lambert

But from us they would probably want podz (assumingthe 3 sweedes are untouchable)... no thanks

Edited by Coryberg

Just now, Jester13 said:

I agree, but if the trade doesn't turn into winning a cup, we did give up a really good RHD prospect, a 1st, and a 4th. Oh, and Kuzy. The cap space will be nice after the season, though. 

I'm not sold on HB.....they sold him at inflated value imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Dom said:

They don't want to mortage the future - but I say pony the fuck up and get a difference maker. 

They've got a big dead cap bill to pay for a long time, they need those young guys on cheap contracts

Just now, stawns said:

They've got a big dead cap bill to pay for a long time, they need those young guys on cheap contracts

They also have a better chance to win this year thanks to that dead cap.

I'm not sold on HB.....they sold him at inflated value imo.

100% they did, and he was never going to be the dman we needed unless Hughes leaves. They didn't see him in the future plans, so better to get something for him when his value was high, even if Lindholm is a rental.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

The Canucks don't have the assets left to pull off a deal for TT without giving up a top prospect imo.

Agree. 

I just need to remind myself if the Canucks had traded a 3rd for Zadorov and made the Lindholm trade today, I'd be through the roof happy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Deadline hasn't arrived yet, but if Lindholm is all we add and he doesn't re-sign and we don't win the cup, we'll all be hearing about how it wasn't worth it for a long time. 

This is such a poor attitude to have. People forget we’ve made other in season trades. It’s not just the deadline. Lindholm, Zadorov, Friedman, Beauvillier, Lafferty, Studnicka. We’ve added and subtracted a lot. We don’t just look at the day or two leading up to the deadline .