[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Just now, King Heffy said:

They also have a better chance to win this year thanks to that dead cap.

That's doubtfully, but certainly hamstrings them when their window is truly open

5 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Everyone else is loading up but the Canucks has me thinking  JB PA don’t really see us as a contender this year.  Winging it with what they have. And get rid of the dead weight in the off season ??  

They already loaded up... anything they add today is just gravy. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, CanucksFan26 said:

This is such a poor attitude to have. People forget we’ve made other in season trades. It’s not just the deadline. Lindholm, Zadorov, Friedman, Beauvillier, Lafferty, Studnicka. We’ve added and subtracted a lot. We don’t just look at the day or two leading up to the deadline . 

What's the attitude? I merely mentioned how we'll all be hearing about it for a long time if things don't work out. This is CFF, after all. 

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

They also have a better chance to win this year thanks to that dead cap.

We do have a good chance this year, and we have made moves this year to increase that chance, everyone has just forgotten.

I would be pissed if we traded Lekkerimaki, Willander, D-Petey, Pods or Hogs for any of the guys that have been traded these last 2 days.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Jester13 said:

What's the attitude? I merely mentioned how we'll all be hearing about it for a long time if things don't work out. This is CFF, after all. 

The mentality that all we did was make 1 move. That’s the attitude a lot of people seem to have right now

6 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Everyone else is loading up but the Canucks has me thinking  JB PA don’t really see us as a contender this year.  Winging it with what they have. And get rid of the dead weight in the off season ??  

I think it's more that we don't have enough assets to make those big moves. We won't part with our top prospects 

• Vintage 1

Just now, CanucksFan26 said:

The mentality that all we did was make 1 move. That’s the attitude a lot of people seem to have right now

lol okay. It's the only move we've made that gave up a valuable prospect and a 1st round pick, so I'm not really putting it in the same ballpark as Big Z, etc. I don't think any fans will be crying about 5th round picks, but they sure will about letting Kuzy, Hunter B, and a 1st. 

7 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Sure, they say Lindholm was the Canucks big acquisition, but now they might trade him.  Oh this team...

Sign Kessel, cross your fingers, enjoy a few Canucks playoff games

oohh this team....being at the top of the league....oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol

6 minutes ago, Dom said:

They don't want to mortage the future - but I say pony the fuck up and get a difference maker. 

Rather see a disciplined and thorough management group.

Vancouver is under zero pressure to do anything. 

You most likely will see Kessel + by noon regardless.

Will be glad to see Lindholm not moved ( worst BS rumors thus far ) and I guess I'm in the minority that is happy he is in Vancouver.

Brzustewicz has produced offense and has a solid tool kit. End of the day its a tough read to say he will be more than a 4/5 if that in maybe 3 years? Canucks paid fair price for the top available centre by the deadline.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I think it's more that we don't have enough assets to make those big moves. We won't part with our top prospects 

We have assets management isint just near sighted they got a plan to stretch this success out as frustrating as it is today 

2 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

We do have a good chance this year, and we have made moves this year to increase that chance, everyone has just forgotten.

I would be pissed if we traded Lekkerimaki, Willander, D-Petey, Pods or Hogs for any of the guys that have been traded these last 2 days.

What about a guy with some term such as Crouse?

9 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Honestly I don't think anything big. Cost is too much and Canucks won't part with their top prospects 

Trust that Alvin realizes this too.

One unnecessary desperate move could well see all his great worked wasted.

His coaches have built some fantastic team chemistry.

No trade can get ya that.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

And they shouldn’t if miks play is an indication he’s coming out of his slump and soucy back there’s less holes in the line up. They go with what they have. I’m good with that. 

• Like 1