[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Vegas still has 4.7M in cap space, I'd be surprised if they sat on it

Vatrano and Buchnevich still remain untraded

Vegas have a first left and that’s it for assets for like 3 years lol 

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Vegas still has 4.7M in cap space, I'd be surprised if they sat on it

Vatrano and Buchnevich still remain untraded

No way VGK is done.  Too much cap space to use.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

We have a full 23 man roster right now. Either someone's about to be waived or Podz is being sent down. 

The latter needs to be sent down *today* to be eligible for the AHL playoffs.

podz already moved down i believe

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So, Carolina traded for a forward who routinely blows past defensemen to score, and another forward who just loves blow.

Maybe they'll cancel each other out?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They made the trades that mattered earlier on in the year. 

Zadorov

Lindholm 

Lafferty

Imagine another team making those trades today. How much more would they have to pay today?

Look I said today not overall. Do you think what the Jets paid for Toffoli was too high? Or that we couldn't have matched yeah maybe they wanted more from us who knows still disapointed

Just now, Moeknows said:

Look I said today not overall. Do you think what the Jets paid for Toffoli was too high? Or that we couldn't have matched yeah maybe they wanted more from us who knows still disapointed

And where was the cap space going to come from? 

Just now, Moeknows said:

Look I said today not overall.

Okay there. 

Just now, Moeknows said:

Do you think what the Jets paid for Toffoli was too high? Or that we couldn't have matched yeah maybe they wanted more from us who knows still disapointed

No, but in the end Toffoli chose to go to Winnipeg over LA, Vancouver, and a few other teams he had familiarity with. I'm sure Alvin made every attempt, but you can't force a player, agent, or GM to accept a trade proposal.

I'm okay with standing pat, (especially considering how the team looked last night against Vegas) but when I see the price Boston paid for Maroon, I'm a bit disappointed we couldn't add some size.....

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Picture the Canucks trading for Nikita Zadorov, Elias Lindholm, Sam Lafferty, and Casey DeSmith in the last few days. How much more player, draft and prospect capital would Alvin have to part with to make those moves now versus doing it earlier? The trades matter, not when they were made. 

This makes too much sense for people to understand. Way too logical. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Picture the Canucks trading for Nikita Zadorov, Elias Lindholm, Sam Lafferty, and Casey DeSmith in the last few days. How much more player, draft and prospect capital would Alvin have to part with to make those moves now versus doing it earlier? The trades matter, not when they were made. 

Okay, sure, imagine trading for Miller today? Wow.

Why are we talking about old trades?

1 minute ago, Moeknows said:

What the Jets paid may never have been on the table for Van due to salary cap problems. The jets could fit Toffoli in, with some retention, and just give up draft picks so maybe thats all NJ wanted. Van would have had to either make a second move to open up the space or pay an extra asset to have NJ take on a contract. Either way you can't say we should have just paid what another team did because it is not apples to apples.