[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm okay with standing pat, (especially considering how the team looked last night against Vegas) but when I see the price Boston paid for Maroon, I'm a bit disappointed we couldn't add some size.....

He has really slowed down. The Canucks need more speed in the lineup. Think people would be harping on his skating then again he'd take heat off Mikheyev from the fans haha

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm okay with standing pat, (especially considering how the team looked last night against Vegas) but when I see the price Boston paid for Maroon, I'm a bit disappointed we couldn't add some size.....

It’s going to be a big issue moving forward. We are small on forwards. You need those big Guys to fight through things. Greenway would have been awesome. Also our top 6 isn’t good enough.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Honkin Hronek said:

One thing that I'm really excited for is Lindholm's first real practices with the team on this upcoming homestand. That'll be really helpful for his game given he's been on the road so much lately

I think he was playing pretty well on the road trip.  A bunch of practices and 3 weeks to settle in will go a long way. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

He has really slowed down. The Canucks need more speed in the lineup. Think people would be harping on his skating then again he'd take heat off Mikheyev from the fans haha

I just think the team has really missed Johsua's physicality. That's why I was hoping for Greenway. If Maroon went for a 6th, JG shouldn't have cost much more than that....

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Okay, sure, imagine trading for Miller today? Wow.

Why are we talking about old trades?

These are trades that have occurred within this season. Trades that improved the team. Alvin got ahead of the insanity that is the trade deadline to acquire key pieces for the team. He paid (probably) less than he would have today for the same player. Imagine the bidding war that a beast like Zadorov would have had? There's no way he would go for the 3rd and 5th Alvin acquired him for in November. Even the package for Lindholm would have increased. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Lots of “disappointment” today. Many posters seem tied into knots because of the lack of action/moves. The angst is palpable. Everybody is loading up - we’re in big trouble now!

You know where there is likely no disappointment? Inside our dressing room. I see a tight group of teammates who are playing for each other (and for future employment) and now can push forward vigorously with the group we have. There’s something to be said about honouring those relationships and trusting the cohesion that has been established. What’s wrong with saying and believing that “we’re good enough already”?

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1