[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

People also forget that this team already made big moves in January and February.

Zadorov and Lindholm were huge acquisitions and done early with the purpose of acclimating them quickly into our system and not waiting to the eleventh hour to get them adjusted. We also added Friedman, Lafferty and DeSmith at the beginning of the season. JR and Allvin have done a lot to improve the depth of this team.

Like you said, the team feels close nit now and we are seeing the chemistry forming before our eyes where now a lot of teams will have to figure out the mix now for themselves.

Fans too can also see that adding a healthy Joshua and Myers back into the lineup as our deadline acquisitions too. 

Yup happy with our previous moves. We are fine! 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

These are trades that have occurred within this season. Trades that improved the team. Alvin got ahead of the insanity that is the trade deadline to acquire key pieces for the team. He paid (probably) less than he would have today for the same player. Imagine the bidding war that a beast like Zadorov would have had? There's no way he would go for the 3rd and 5th Alvin acquired him for in November. Even the package for Lindholm would have increased. 

This. 
No need to treat the TDL like Christmas morning. We already got our big presents weeks ago. 

Maybe a stocking stuffer or two before noon, but if not, there’s no reason to become unhinged. The future is still looking pretty good. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

People also forget that this team already made big moves in January and February.

Allvin was making moves when no one else was and was one of, if not the busiest GM. People took that for granted.

• Like 2

Just now, Jester13 said:

Sure, but who will want him? 

Could be a future considerations type of deal. He's got promise defensively but doesn't seem to fit anymore as the tweet says. We dealt Studnicka to give him a better opportunity too so it could be doing right by a player

3 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Sure, but who will want him? 

"Wonder" = Speculation.  Nothing else.  It's not a rumour.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Zadorov and Lindholm were huge acquisitions and done early with the purpose of acclimating them quickly into our system and not waiting to the eleventh hour to get them adjusted. We also added Friedman, Lafferty and DeSmith at the beginning of the season. JR and Allvin have done a lot to improve the depth of this team.

Like you said, the team feels close nit now and we are seeing the chemistry forming before our eyes where now a lot of teams will have to figure out the mix now for themselves.

Fans too can also see that adding a healthy Joshua and Myers back into the lineup as our deadline acquisitions too. 

I don't think it's that people forgot, more likely it's just people get excited and hopeful 

We haven't been potential buyers in years

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

We need Kessel, Greenway and a capable D-man that's slightly better than Juulsen.... that's all I ask!! 

Juulsen is performing amazingly and is part of a defence core on a team that is top 2 in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't think it's that people forgot, more likely it's just people get excited and hopeful 

We haven't been potential buyers in years

Yeah, I guess the moves that were made this season have got us to where we are now.  In other words, we've been able to keep pace with the best in the league because of those moves.  However, now those teams we've kept pace with have made moves to get even better... which in 'theory' means they have become better than us.  In which case, it makes sense that we need to find ways to improve. 

The argument is that Lindholm was our big acquisition.  I'm guessing if people saw the Canucks tear teams apart after that acquisition, they wouldn't be as concerned about adding right now.  Reality is we didn't look very good until the most recent 3 games. 

Personally, I think we just need to add a middle 6 winger, and a depth defenceman. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, I guess the moves that were made this season have got us to where we are now.  In other words, we've been able to keep pace with the best in the league because of those moves.  However, now those teams we've kept pace with have made moves to get even better... which in 'theory' means they have become better than us.  In which case, it makes sense that we need to find ways to improve. 

The argument is that Lindholm was our big acquisition.  I'm guessing if people saw the Canucks tear teams apart after that acquisition, they wouldn't be as concerned about adding right now.  Reality is we didn't look very good until the most recent 3 games. 

Personally, I think we just need to add a middle 6 winger, and a depth defenceman. 

That'd be best, I don't think we're at a stage where we should be big game hunting yet anyway

Im ok with the team as it is now.  Dakota back soon and Soucy playing like he can we will see the full effect of Lindholm now that he is starting to settle in.  

The one fan base that should be concerned is the Kings.  What are they doing?  Every team around them in the west has added to improve.