[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Why though, they've already got 7 capable nhl dmen.  I don't see JS outplaying any of those 7

He's better than Friedman. And in playoffs you need to be deep - atleast 8 NHLers imo. With Myers out it could be a good time to get a guy like JS reps.

1 minute ago, tas said:

I feel like perhaps we're hung up on arbitrary semantics. 

Maybe... but when I think top 9 forward, I don't think of a 30 goal scorer or 70 point guy.  I think of a 20 goal 50 point guy.  Just my opinion though.

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Wonder if they'd send Friedman down to clear more space.

Sending Friedman and PDG down would give us enough room for Buchnevich at 50% and Kessel :classic_ninja:

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

I'm beginning to think the Canucks are he losers of the trade deadline. Gained nothing and lost of the assets to prior deals. 

We already made moves that made our team stronger so I do not think we need to make a trade for the sake of trading.   I am not a fan of trading at a deadline day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Juuls?

Oh whoops. Knew I was forgetting someone.

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Pettersson-Kessel

Joshua-Lindholm/Blueger-Garland

Suter-Blueger/Lindholm-Lafferty

PDG / Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Cole

Juulsen

Demko

DeSmith

Depth:

Podkolzin

Friedman

Bains

Karlsson

Wolanin

Irwin

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

When healthy:

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Pettersson-Kessel

Joshua-Lindholm/Blueger-Garland

Suter-Blueger/Lindholm-Lafferty

PDG / Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Cole

Friedman

Demko

DeSmith

Call-ups:

Podkolzin

Bains

Karlsson

Wolanin

Irwin

Brisebois

Hirose

Where's Juuls?

Just now, HKSR said:

Maybe... but when I think top 9 forward, I don't think of a 30 goal scorer or 70 point guy.  I think of a 20 goal 50 point guy.  Just my opinion though.

that's cool, it's all good. I think about the number rof players playing ahead of him on the depth chart. 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lots of moves throughout the season and they've got good depth in Abby

inexperienced depth , we need expericed depth incase one  or two of our stars get hurt, things will get tougher, plus i figured we would atleast add more toughness tocchet kinda style of hockey hence why kuzy isnt with us anymore

8 minutes ago, Devron said:

I hope this means Podz is staying 

He is not being traded.

You can assign players to AHL so they are eligible to play in the AHL playoffs is all.

Canucks will sign Kessel. Then after the deadline passes the 23 man active roster is eliminated, leaving the Canucks positioned to recall Podkolzin and others putting the roster over 23.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

We already made moves that made our team stronger so I do not think we need to make a trade for the sake of trading.   I am not a fan of trading at a deadline day. 

Agreed and we see how a trade can disrupt chemistry and then take awhile to build back up.  The early move for Lindholm was done with that in mind, imo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I'm beginning to think the Canucks are he losers of the trade deadline. Gained nothing and lost of the assets to prior deals. 

Maybe they're the winners.

Why bring in a guy equal to Mikheyev while moving Mikheyev out and paying for the player we bring in??

No need to make a change just for making a change.  If it don't make sense then I'd rather they not do anything over forcing something that doesn't work out and sets us back. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I think this management has earned our trust in doing the right thing for the club. Not for ego or news splash attention etc. 

Agree completely! Their moves for the most part, have been solid.

Jury is still out on what we gave up for Lindholm, but he's capable of getting back to being the player that we swung for the seats for. Home stretch should give him a good chance to really settle into team culture etc. Gotta burn off the bad Flames vibes! 🙂

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Why bring in a guy equal to Mikheyev while moving Mikheyev out and paying for the player we bring in??

No need to make a change just for making a change.  If it don't make sense then I'd rather they not do anything over forcing something that doesn't work out and sets us back. 

Good, grounded, responsible, non-emotional and mature perspective!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

because mik isnt working with the canucks so maybe a new player new environment will spark something, same for mik and his career

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

Ok... While we are waiting for Canucks to do A thing in next 30 mins... Who else here is also excited about Votto going to Toronto???

Votto is done, he's sucked for the last few years. Unless he finds  fountain of youth its just a good news story

Just now, Déjà Vu said:

because mik isnt working with the canucks so maybe a new player new environment will spark something, same for mik and his career

You know what the recovery time is for an ACL surgery? Full recovery..... 

• Cheers 1