[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Media can kiss my ass on this whole Lindolm thing. Just looking for something to poke the Canucks on. Dave McCarthy on NHL Network this morning talking on how he doesn't get why Canucks added another center in the first place!? WTF. "They may have to move someone to wing"!? WTF. Depth, right side center, of which we had none, defensive center, of which every team can use. Apparently cannot comprehend JT or EP on the wing!? Lindholm on the wing !? Stupidest comments I heard in awhile. 

He in bed when canucks play. It's so obvious. Nhl has the worst analysts in sports

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Just as an additional note, what they have accomplished in the past year (including Hronek) has been, truly incredible. They have been more active this year than almost all other GM's combined and got their business done early.

I'd like another D, as I've stated earlier in this thread, but I'm also completely good if we just stand with the team we have.

Sign Kessel.

Move a future 2nd + and double retention on Dumba. Righty dman, skates very well, moves the puck well and throws a lot if hits plus blocks shots.

Upgraded over Friedman.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rekker said:

Media can kiss my ass on this whole Lindolm thing. Just looking for something to poke the Canucks on. Dave McCarthy on NHL Network this morning talking on how he doesn't get why Canucks added another center in the first place!? WTF. "They may have to move someone to wing"!? WTF. Depth, right side center, of which we had none, defensive center, of which every team can use. Apparently cannot comprehend JT or EP on the wing!? Lindholm on the wing !? Stupidest comments I heard in awhile. 

Many have poked at Vancouver all season and they keep rolling.   Love the doubters.   Love when the team proves them wrong. All the sweeter.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Not mention JT and EP being able to focus on offense (in addition to their solid 200 foot games) and allow Lindholm and Blueger to focus on match-up/defense!

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Sign Kessel.

Move a future 2nd + and double retention on Dumba. Righty dman, skates very well, moves the puck well and throws a lot if hits plus blocks shots.

Upgraded over Friedman.

See this makes sense but Dumba isn't really good at the whole hockey thing anymore

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I like our addition of Podkolzin. 

If he's ready to take the step up like Hoglander has it could be a big boost for our club. 

PA/JR probably see what kinda impact Podkolzin will be, so likely find less urgency in acquiring another winger.

Just now, Crabcakes said:

I'm going to go by what Tocchet said yesterday, they really like Lindholm's game.  His defensive play is great and so are the face offs.  Team face off % has gone up significantly since Lindy came over.  They're not worried if he hasn't put up many points in 13 games.  There's an adjustment period, he's finding his place in the line up, team slumping a bit etc etc.  They're not flipping him.

He will get better. His floor is excellent and needed and he has 7 points in 16 games, 5 of those were during our slide when he came in. Team slide when he comes in, has to familiarize himself with the team and learn the systems and find chemistry. He's looked much better the last couple of games, and I think him centering Joshua and Garland could become a terrific 2b line. It also allows Bleuger to play his correct 4c role.

I have no issues with Lindholm, particularly going into the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Sign Kessel.

Upgraded over Friedman.

Why do you think they need D?  Friedman is a #8 dman and when everyone's healthy, hes in Abby.  Dumba is one of the most overrated dmen in the league, imo.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Just watching TSN and see that no one wants to get stuck with Lind-🏚️ either as he's still on the "dump" board.     Looks like we may end up being stuck with him.   

Should have kept Kuz, Our very valuable 1st round pick, a 3rd or 4th round conditional pick, two good young defensive prospects - which we are so short on - and PA's reputation as a savvy trade maker.

Calgary must be laughing at us now!

You know Kuz can't play D and is soft along the boards right?

I'm curious if you think that type of player is successful in the playoffs?

3 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Not mention JT and EP being able to focus on offense (in addition to their solid 200 foot games) and allow Lindholm and Blueger to focus on match-up/defense!

Except JT is still tasked with the main shutdown role, as evidenced last night when he was matched up against Eichel all night. 

It did however, free up Lindholm to play more offense. 

Depth matters! 

• Cheers 1