[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Allvin is going to try and sell the Lindholm and Zadorov trades, as being their moves. I guess just getting into the playoffs is the goal. Disappointed, I thought they'd really go for it this year.

They’re basically like getting first round draft picks…

1 minute ago, Pycnotic said:

How do they fit this in? there no LTIR in the summer and all contracts count as soon as the last finals game is played you’re only allowed to exceed cap by 10% this puts them like 25 million over, the league has to do something about this bullshit 

Oh fuck they'll ltir him as soon as season ends for like 4 years

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Did nothing today. This is deadline talk. 

Exactly!! A lot of us take sick days off work expecting our team to get in there with the big boys....but in the end.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Allvin is going to try and sell the Lindholm and Zadorov trades, as being their moves. I guess just getting into the playoffs is the goal. Disappointed, I thought they'd really go for it this year.

Lack of playoff experience and our prospects are too valuable to give up.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

How do they fit this in? there no LTIR in the summer and all contracts count as soon as the last finals game is played you’re only allowed to exceed cap by 10% this puts them like 25 million over, the league has to do something about this bullshit 

and their big dog Theodore’s contract is done after next year too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Completely good with standing pat, we did all our moves early in the season and avoided the last minute prices.

Me too, I got my wish.  Good trades early and they still have all their significant prospects 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Tells me the Canucks are doing nothing.

Only concern I have with this is that all the moves that were done earlier (Zadorov, Lafferty, etc). were to get this team competitive against the best in the league.  That mission was accomplished.  HOWEVER... the BEST teams in the league just added to their rosters to make themselves even better.  The key now is to hope Lindholm gets going.  If he doesn't contribute more than just defence, we've likely fallen behind a bit after this TDL.

Doom and gloom again.

we just nailed the Kings and Knights of the league but it’s just not enough. 

We must win every game and trade for players day in and day out according to you.

We have a massive advantage having three 1C down the middle? 
Wich other team in the league has the equivalent of Miller, Petey and Lindy as the C trifecta? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Id much rather stand pat than throw away our best prospects 

Think you're right. For a team that was thought of as in a battle for a playoff spot we did well. The experience of actual games in this years playoffs can only be a benefit. 

• ThereItIs 1

Seems like it was just strikeout after strikeout for this group. I’m actually shocked they weren’t able to even make one deal though.

Maybe teams just don’t wanna deal with us because of how good of a season we’re having. Sounds like we were making better offers and getting rejected.

Oh well good to get your shopping done early. Think we could have used another depth D and big body for the fourth line but Juulsen and Podz can fill those roles quite well already.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Could've atleast added some depth. Look at the back end, 2 injuries & your playing Juulsen top 4 & Friedman regular mins. 

Clearly like the upside in their current depth pieces. Something to rally Aro nd for the players.

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

yup, but im happy with w/e , just shokced we didnt add any toughness or experienced depth is all , if we make playoffs and atleast do decent its good experience they know they have EP40 , i think if EP40 didnt sign yet, i guereentee we woulda done something to apease him, but he sigend so JC/Alvin didnt need to do anything