[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

All about need, availability and price....

If the price doesn't fit the need, then it is nonsense to load up... We've spent 12 years discussing the issue draining the prospect pool presents...

Lets not ever go down that route again, or at least until we know, we have a big opportunity...

Despite us slaying the dragons recently, I don't think any fans doubt the task ahead, come playoffs time... 

At least we will know, what our players can / can not do after the play offs, and should we be in the same position next season (or there about), they will be making more calculated moves... 

For now we are looking good as we are.... although I would have loved another bruiser forward or winger for Petey (could have been the same player)...

They did send podz back down, which gives enough cap to announce Kessel signed.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jigsaw said:

It’s too bad that a lot on here can’t see this. We made our moves, got to top of league with this team. Benning would have emptied the cupboard for a rental or two. Sometimes no move… is the right move.

Bang on

• Like 2

Just now, Crabcakes said:

Anybody have the link to the Allvin presser?

What's the point now?? Hear him make excuses for why he couldn't match offers to pick up a few pieces?? And only other contenders somehow got teams to retain $?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Coconuts said:

Def, could be a top of the west group

If they can stay ahead they won't have to, their current games in hand will be key 

At this point, div standings is what matters most.  It's highly doubtful the Canucks will fall out of a div spot now, so they wouldn't see Winnipeg until round 3 and the jets will have to beat the AVS to get there.  I don't see that happening, personally 

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Edsrtrom is a legit grade A prospect playing well in Sweden. I actually think this trade will backfire for Vegas.

He's VGK 1st round pick last year..

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Let's not forget picks and prospects are all maybe in future...

We are supposed to make a real playoff fun this season though somewhat unexpected...

Ya. We are tight to cap moving forward. So glad to see Lekk, Will and affordable Hogs and Pods here moving forward. We added some great pieces earlier. Depth will be our Achilles, but I like our team and future moving forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain insano said:

I believe we held our assets to make a big run at Sid when he comes available…. Maybe I’m just hopeful but I think that’s a jr type move 

They'll sign him as a UFA after next season....perfect timing for our runs. Maybe take a run at him at the deadline next year if he wants out. But he's said he wanted to remain a penguin for life previously.

Whether this trade of guentzel sours his relationship with Dubas, time will tell. Rumours prior were he was signing an extension July 1. We'll see if that changes, and if it does, it could mean bad news for Pittsburgh

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Fans are complaining but I can only imagine the level of complaint if we traded Lekkeramaki and a 1st for Guentzel. 😂

Sometimes the best deal Is the one you don’t make.

Let’s not forget we’ve been one of the best teams in the league all season without a fully healthy D core and without Lindholm. To say we didn’t improve or are not going to improve is just silly.

These guys have earned the right to prove what they can do in the playoffs. I’m actually kind of relieved to be done with it and have there be no disruption to what they’ve been building all season.

Yup, that would have been terrible.  They got three good players during the season, retained all their depth in Abby and kept their top prospects.  I don't see what there is to complain about

• Cheers 2

Folks here saying they happy we didn’t “Benning it” for rentals. When did we have a team that was first in the division, western conference and at points the entire league under Benning? Time to cash the chips was now. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

At this point, div standings is what matters most.  It's highly doubtful the Canucks will fall out of a div spot now, so they wouldn't see Winnipeg until round 3 and the jets will have to beat the AVS to get there.  I don't see that happening, personally 

Avs will be a tough out, I'd be surprised if the Canucks made the third round 

• Like 1