[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Just now, Snoop Hogg said:

Would be a good addition, but it sounds like Seattle wants to extend him.

Lots of rumours saying he doesn't want to stay. He could avoid moving his family if he moved a little more north. I'd rather just add him and a bruiser rather than moving hog

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Which means Calgary basically told us to get fucked 

Probably doing three players / three trades to a division rival is too much 

would be bizarre even the two trades back to back was kinda wild

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Lots of rumours saying he doesn't want to stay. He could avoid moving his family if he moved a little more north. I'd rather just add him and a bruiser rather than moving hog

I hadn’t heard that. I still think he’d be a nice addition though I’m not sure of the cost.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Guentzels age & contract ask make it tough for me to we willing to pay a premium.

Perhaps we are better off picking up a guy like Zucker on the cheap, and maybe another depth D. 

Zucker - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm - Pettersson

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

Very much this. Penguins are trying to get everyone into a bidding war for Guentzel and it's not worth the price. I want to see Lindholm get more time on a line with Pettersson and Hoglander. If we can find someone to slot into that second pairing on the right side so that we can bump Myers/Juulsen down to the third pair, that would be wonderful.

15 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I wonder if we could get eberle for little, maybe a 2nd 

would he be the type of player the Canucks need tho?  imo the Canucks have issues getting their skilled players the puck

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Guentzels age & contract ask make it tough for me to we willing to pay a premium.

Perhaps we are better off picking up a guy like Zucker on the cheap, and maybe another depth D. 

Zucker - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm - Pettersson

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

I would love to see something like this for the playoffs - ability to match-up will be key:

EP Miller Boeser (1st line)

Mik Lindholm Hoglander (shut down line - that can forecheck and provide some offense)

DJ Blueger Garland

Trade Suter Laff/xx

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I have fears about this management group doing something foolish like reading Hogs, Podz or one of our 4 young star prospects for a rental.

Lindholm is already rumoured to be on the way out and he'd need to go with something to get back something comparable that works.  A bit unnerving really 

Friends Lol GIF by Max

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Guessing a 3rd and a 5th, asking price is a second for Zucker with retention

A 3rd to Arizona (50% retained)

A 5th to Chicago (50% retained)

Zucker to Vancouver for 1.3 mil

15 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

would he be the type of player the Canucks need tho?  imo the Canucks have issues getting their skilled players the puck

I think he'd be a better two-way guy than suter and then suter could solidify the 4th line when josh comes back. Be nice to add a bruiser forward too.

I know Lindholm hasn’t clicked offensively yet, but on paper he sure makes the lineup a lot more versatile. 

If there’s a 3 way deal around him and Guentzel, i wouldn’t add anything good to it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I wonder if we could get eberle for little, maybe a 2nd 

It would have to be next year's 2nd. We traded our 2nd for this year, think it was used to get Zadorov, unless I'm mistaken.

• Cheers 1