Who here is actually happy with the Hronek trade?

Odd.

12 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

Don't think we sign Lindy or Z and don't want Myers.  

Do want Joshua, Hronek and Bluegar.  

Then we need a top 6 winger (Toffoli?) and a top 4 RHD.  Hopefully someone that could also play with Hughes so Hronek can play with Soucy sometimes.  

Could be. Bluegar would come cheap. We definitely need more speed on the wing. Lindy plays centre and Petey could play on his wing. Garland is snail slow. We need to upgrade on him. 

one things very clear

we need hronek on his own pair

whenever other teams shut down hughes, we had nobody else who could move the puck for us

we also need more speed. im generally in the camp of wanting to keep Hoglander but also aware that his shooting % may not be sustainable. that said, hes only gotten better, and hes young and dirt cheap. 

heres some ideas 

image.png.f11d33b807a77ee51991d6580a2da299.pngimage.thumb.png.8139d8735e0def5dadeb9937b1f65339.png

Duclair and Ehlers are both fast as hell, and very capable finishers. With Petey, they should feast on teams off the rush. 

Podkolzin should be able to create space for Garland in a similar way Joshua did, but Kaliyev is in there in case tocchet can turn him around. If he can, then thats potentially a better finisher on that line beside Garland. 

6 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

one things very clear

whenever other teams shut down hughes, we had nobody else who could move the puck for us

we also need more speed. im generally in the camp of wanting to keep Hoglander but also aware that his shooting % may not be sustainable. that said, hes only gotten better, and hes young and dirt cheap. 

heres some ideas 

image.png.f11d33b807a77ee51991d6580a2da299.pngimage.thumb.png.8139d8735e0def5dadeb9937b1f65339.png

Duclair and Ehlers are both fast as hell, and very capable finishers. With Petey, they should feast on teams off the rush. 

Podkolzin should be able to create space for Garland in a similar way Joshua did, but Kaliyev is in there in case tocchet can turn him around. If he can, then thats potentially a better finisher on that line beside Garland. 

We certainly need more speed on the wing. That’s why Garland has to go. He’s too slow and he’s small. He can’t pk and is useless on the pp because of his muffin shot. Hogs is slow too, but he’s cheap. We will keep him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We certainly need more speed on the wing. That’s why Garland has to go. He’s too slow and he’s small. He can’t pk and is useless on the pp because of his muffin shot. Hogs is slow too, but he’s cheap. We will keep him. 

Garland is a great playmaker and hes found a home playing Rick Tocchets style, i wouldnt be in a hurry to trade him

Hoglander is going to need a raise next year, moving on from him now would allow us to get a lot of value back from him. It also unlocks an opportunity for Winnipeg to go pursue another big fish for more scoring help. Instead of just Ehlers who wants out, theyll get 2 scorers for the price of one. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Garland is a great playmaker and hes found a home playing Rick Tocchets style, i wouldnt be in a hurry to trade him

Hoglander is going to need a raise next year, moving on from him now would allow us to get a lot of value back from him. It also unlocks an opportunity for Winnipeg to go pursue another big fish for more scoring help. Instead of just Ehlers who wants out, theyll get 2 scorers for the price of one. 

Love to get Rhlers here to play with Petey. Ehlers drives play through the neutral zone and he’s tough. Not too sure of the cost to get him though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Love to get Rhlers here to play with Petey. Ehlers drives play through the neutral zone and he’s tough. Not too sure of the cost to get him though. 

hoglander is a very valuable trade chip, given his low cap hit this year, i think its a great deal for winnipeg to get hoglander and a pick

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

hoglander is a very valuable trade chip, given his low cap hit this year, i think its a great deal for winnipeg to get hoglander and a pick

Stupid Benning should have drafted Ehlers (or Nylander) instead of Virtanen and we’d have one of these guys already. Benning was such an arrogant bugger 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

one things very clear

heres some ideas 

Ehlers has done one thing consistently his career. Disappear in the playoffs. Easy pass

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Ehlers has done one thing consistently his career. Disappear in the playoffs. Easy pass

Good point. He is great diving pkay through the neutral zone though. Maybe with a true number 1C (Petey) Ehlers would have playoff success? He’s been stuck in Winterpig without Steven a decent centre. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good point. He is great diving pkay through the neutral zone though. Maybe with a true number 1C (Petey) Ehlers would have playoff success? He’s been stuck in Winterpig without Steven a decent centre. 

He;s been given every opportunity, all the favorable matchups, for nearly a decade. Hard pass

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

He;s been given every opportunity, all the favorable matchups, for nearly a decade. Hard pass

Sounds good. Alf doesn’t understand why some posters here cannot accept being wrong with their opinion? You make good sense. Alf agrees. Alf nly wants us to win a Cup. Let’s fuc*ing go! Cheers!!! 

Even if we flip Hronek for Necas that Horvat deal would still be a win.

Getting a young elite center on the cusp of being a point per game player to play with Petey would be great.

Im happy if we re-sign him but if the numbers don’t work then getting Necas would be a good move.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Getting a young elite center on the cusp of being a point per game player to play with Petey would be great.

Im happy if we re-sign him but if the numbers don’t work then getting Necas would be a good move.

Exactly! Only a troll moran (with no life but a nice desk in their parents basement) would argue otherwise. 

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

More a RW than C but definitely elite. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

The nice thing is that we can qualify Hronek, go UFA shopping to see if we can land a top tier RHD, then circle back to Hronek after... which may include trading him if we've landed a guy like Pesce or Roy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Lots of options here. We could just trade Hronek for picks again and sign Lindholm with that cash - yes, he's older than Necas but stronger defensively. Or of course we could flip Hronek for Necas, surely 1-for-1 (fits a lot of both team's needs). Or we keep Hronek. Or we flip Hronek and try and sign Pesce and use the extra cap-space to go after a depth guy.

That being said I think the Canucks are going to try and keep Hronek first and foremost. A young two-way RD has more potential upside and value to a squad than almost any other player. I'd rather we try and work with him to round out his game, especially in the playoffs, than flip him after just one year and one bad half-season. Can't just keep giving up on players like that and Hronek has all the tools.

I do agree that we should try him on his own pairing though as more of a puck mover and he HAS to get that shot going. I think that's more coaching though, but why we've under-utilized one of the best bombs from the point I have no idea.

Get Hronek out there on the 2nd pairing with Zadorov, Hughes can play with some UFA (or maybe even Myers) and Soucy lock down the bottom pairing and we're good to go.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Shea Theodore.   Tons of upside, signed a 7 year deal at 6.54% of the cap, at 23.    Two years of free agency bought.    5.2.   Played a lot of right side for Vegas during his contract.    Get that was an RFA deal.    And that Hronek is only a RHD.   38,39,48 points is nothing to sneeze at.    

Agree with Alvin, would like to see Hronek anchor his own pair.   The same way Edler did with Erhoff, and Hamhuis did with Bieksa or vice versa.  

Zaderov Hronek is ideal.  

QHs ?

Soucy (Myers?)

We want a cup.   Some tough decisions, because we are close.   

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Lots of options here. We could just trade Hronek for picks again and sign Lindholm with that cash - yes, he's older than Necas but stronger defensively. Or of course we could flip Hronek for Necas, surely 1-for-1 (fits a lot of both team's needs). Or we keep Hronek. Or we flip Hronek and try and sign Pesce and use the extra cap-space to go after a depth guy.

That being said I think the Canucks are going to try and keep Hronek first and foremost. A young two-way RD has more potential upside and value to a squad than almost any other player. I'd rather we try and work with him to round out his game, especially in the playoffs, than flip him after just one year and one bad half-season. Can't just keep giving up on players like that and Hronek has all the tools.

I do agree that we should try him on his own pairing though as more of a puck mover and he HAS to get that shot going. I think that's more coaching though, but why we've under-utilized one of the best bombs from the point I have no idea.

Get Hronek out there on the 2nd pairing with Zadorov, Hughes can play with some UFA (or maybe even Myers) and Soucy lock down the bottom pairing and we're good to go.

Just read your post.

Agree we need to see Zadorov and Hronek together.    That is a legit second pairing as a legit contender second pairing.    QHs, well I bet he could make it work with Juuslen if he had to.   Did with Schenn.    Need to see what D-Petey and Willander have to offer soon as well. 

Sign Myers to play third pairing with Soucy.    Pretty bullish on Juulsen.   EK was paired with Methot.    And it worked great for Ottawa. 

Edited by IBatch

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, HKSR said:

The nice thing is that we can qualify Hronek, go UFA shopping to see if we can land a top tier RHD, then circle back to Hronek after... which may include trading him if we've landed a guy like Pesce or Roy.

Exactly.   Allvin has the luxury to keep working on Hronek's deal, while filling out the roster.    Prefer Roy, Pesce might be their guy though, already connected to him in rumours.    Our main priority, is signing Zadarov.   Would hate to see him go.    Of all our UFAs he's the one i'd hate to lose, finally we had a large, mobile defense.   Don't mess with that.      

Zadarov

EPs wingman.

Those are the top priorities. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Exactly.   Allvin has the luxury to keep working on Hronek's deal, while filling out the roster.    Prefer Roy, Pesce might be their guy though, already connected to him in rumours.    Our main priority, is signing Zadarov.   Would hate to see him go.    Of all our UFAs he's the one i'd hate to lose. 

650 was talking about Brendan Dillon replacing what Zadorov brought and for less money. Plus Dillon is a better player. Z had a good run in the playoffs but for his whole career has been a bottom pairing guy. Unless he would accept 4.5 x 5/6 we’d  be better off letting another club overpay for him. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

650 was talking about Brendan Dillon replacing what Zadorov brought and for less money. Plus Dillon is a better player. Z had a good run in the playoffs but for his whole career has been a bottom pairing guy. Unless he would accept 4.5 x 5/6 we’d  be better off letting another club overpay for him. 

I doubt Zadorov is getting 6 on the market like the Vancouver media is throwing around.

Dillon is 33.   Zadarov is in his prime.   

Would welcome Dillion too, Zadorov can play either side, same with Soucy.   To me he's a Myers option.    Zadorov is expected to get a 5.4 x 5 deal.   That's more than fair.     Spent a lot of time liking Dillon's game.   Juulsen looks a lot like he did, when he first started out.     Getting younger, well I suppose we'd get a year younger going with Dillon over Myers.   That Id be absolutely fine with. 

Growing up as a young adult, watching our players and team AMP it up in the playoffs.   I'd rather we create a team around guys that do that, then win regular season banners and can't find the extra gear when it matters.   Zadorov, Lindholm.   They both did that. 

Ideally,  we replace Cole with Dillon.   Resign both Myers and Zadarov.    And Hronek can play with QHs again on a bridge deal.   6.1 x 3 is Hroneks expected cost for a bridge.   That would give the team a real shot at a cup the next 3 years.   And our D is set. 

As for Hronek, he'd be getting a massive legacy deal.    3 years with QHs and bet they could have a shot at matching some of the best parings ever.   Al Mac Pronger.   Niedermayer  Steven's.  Neidermayer Pronger stuff. 

Willander and D-Petey are in the wings.. This would be ideal. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I doubt Zadorov is getting 6 on the market like the Vancouver media is throwing around.

Dillon is 33.   Zadarov is in his prime.   

Would welcome Dillion too, Zadorov can play either side, same with Soucy.   To me he's a Myers option.    Zadorov is expected to get a 5.4 x 5 deal.   That's more than fair.     Spent a lot of time liking Dillon's game.   Juulsen looks a lot like he did, when he first started out.     Getting younger, well I suppose we'd get a year younger going with Dillon over Myers.   That Id be absolutely fine with. 

Growing up as a young adult, watching our players and team AMP it up in the playoffs.   I'd rather we create a team around guys that do that, then win regular season banners and can't find the extra gear when it matters.   Zadorov, Lindholm.   They both did that. 

Got to trade Garland if we are going to sign Z (5.5 per x 6) and Lindy (8 per x 7). 

Sign Myers (3.5 x 2)

Still need a guy to play with Hughes. Dillon is good on his off side. Maybe we sign him and keep Z?

Hughes, Dillon

Hronek, Soucy

Z, Myers

Juulson.

Is there a spot for D Petey and Willander when they win one? 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Just read your post.

Agree we need to see Zadorov and Hronek together.    That is a legit second pairing as a legit contender second pairing.    QHs, well I bet he could make it work with Juuslen if he had to.   Did with Schenn.    Need to see what D-Petey and Willander have to offer soon as well. 

Sign Myers to play third pairing with Soucy.    Pretty bullish on Juulsen.   EK was paired with Methot.    And it worked great for Ottawa. 

Juulsen with Hughes makes me nervous because he's forever hunting for a big hit and then we'll have two guys stuck out of position. We need a really boring player, a bit like Cole, and ideally a physical veteran, to play with Hughes. I'd be all for trying Myers there but doubt it'll happen. There's a few UFAs out there who might be able to fit the bill. 

I really like the idea of Hakanpaa from Dallas if we can get him cheap.