Who here is actually happy with the Hronek trade?

Odd.

The trade for Hronek, and also the Horvat trade, ushered in a new era for this team and organization.

Getting Hronek signaled that management was serious about going to the next level, improving our blueline, setting our top pair, and serious about our future. 

Uncomfortable moves needed to be made and management wasn't afraid to make them. I couldn't be happier with the Hronek trade ... actually.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 11:25 AM, kettlevalley said:

Personally believe in keeping Dakota Bluegar Garland intact. 

Would go with Pods Petey Hogs as one top 6.  See this as an investment in the future.  

Would love to deal suter and mik for long term depth (picks or young players). I think Mik has value still for a team with defensive issues. 

Then get a mean power forward for Miller Boeser.  

4th line something like

Karlsson Aman Bains.  Hopefully Karlsson can be a right hand draw man. 

Keep a 13th forward from farm sasson, raty or dries.  

Then

Hughes Hronek

Soucy. UFA

Fill from farm Juulsen. 

Demko

Silovs.  

That should keep us under cap so we can top up at the deadline. 

I see this as sustainable development that allows us to stay at the top of the division in the long run.  The D will just get better with Willander and D Petey coming.  M

Not a very strong line-up but perhaps best for the long-term strength of the team. That bottom pairing D and fourth line is extremely suspect. I think Allvin an Co will be far more aggressive in their approach, although I like your ideas.

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not a very strong line-up but perhaps best for the long-term strength of the team. That bottom pairing D and fourth line is extremely suspect. I think Allvin an Co will be far more aggressive in their approach, although I like your ideas.

I don't think the team will look like that.  Lots of options in the UFA market and there very well could

be a couple of trades.  This management are very good at picking up low salary players that end up

flourishing on this team.  It will be an interesting offseason for sure.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 5/31/2024 at 10:25 AM, kettlevalley said:

Personally believe in keeping Dakota Bluegar Garland intact. 

Would go with Pods Petey Hogs as one top 6.  See this as an investment in the future.  

Would love to deal suter and mik for long term depth (picks or young players). I think Mik has value still for a team with defensive issues. 

Then get a mean power forward for Miller Boeser.  

4th line something like

Karlsson Aman Bains.  Hopefully Karlsson can be a right hand draw man. 

Keep a 13th forward from farm sasson, raty or dries.  

Then

Hughes Hronek

Soucy. UFA

Fill from farm Juulsen. 

Demko

Silovs.  

That should keep us under cap so we can top up at the deadline. 

I see this as sustainable development that allows us to stay at the top of the division in the long run.  The D will just get better with Willander and D Petey coming.  M

Unfortunately podz will not do the job on Petey wing. We need someone with skills and finish now. Podz can work his way up like hoglander did. 

will need to get someone legit via signing or trade

See him as the product of Van's 2004 1st rd pick, 26th OA, that we spent on Cory Schneids. He was superb in his role.

Then that was bartered for a fine decade from Bo.

Which of course leads to our 1st pair rhd, Fil Hronek - lets hope he brings us a brilliant decade of performance.

Would be a sweeet bonus if Aatu Ratu turned out to be the real deal, as well.

All in all, nice pay-off from a late 1st rounder, 2 decades back.