Who here is actually happy with the Hronek trade?

Odd.

Can't believe there is any debate on this.  I saw him at camp and thought he was ridiculously good.  Playing regularly with Hughes will keep him ridiculously good too since he's set up for big money and Hughes will want accountability with his partner.  At 25 the way he's playing, I'm guessing that's a non-issue.  Horvat was good, but Hronek is what we needed.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I am interested to see what else Alvin can do.  Hronek was a great pick up.  Whether he stays with Hughes or ends up with Cole and someone else with Hughes.  First two lines are great.   4 great dmen (Hughes Hronek Cole Soucy 1, 2, 4, 5). Happy with goalies.  So we need a 3rd line winger that does what pdg or Mik do on one and two and A number 3 dman.  Maybe Pods is the winger.  But who can they get to shore up the number 3 d spot?   

Ooh, our solid d man, d man
Love how you give the team time, Hronek
Ooh, you help the motor run, motor run
Gun it coming off of the line, Hronek

Never gonna stop, give it up, such a hockey mind
Pass it off to Quinn, such a touch when we're in a bind 
My, my, my, I, yi, woo!
M-m-m-my Hronek!

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

When you look at the defense of the top, contending teams, they're paying for good Dmen. They make D a priority.

Look at the Bruins, Avs, and Vegas ... There's usually the top guy making elite money and a couple other top D in the $5-6.5 range. 

So, Hronek getting a decent raise won't be out of step with what other top teams are doing on D. 

So ... we can also feel happy about that. It's not a negative. 

33 minutes ago, Pears said:

Loved it from the get go. The only way you get a defenseman like Hronek without trading for one is to draft one, and we're now seeing exactly why he cost a 1st and a 2nd. 

As I mentioned in the old forum; I honestly didn't know much about Hronek when we got him. I figured he must be something else after what we gave up for him. Plus when he was still recovering from injury my thought was....'Oh no. Damaged goods?'

After the small sample size we witnessed at the end of last season, I thought okay. Perhaps there is substance here. And with the addition of Hronek for a full training camp and a start in the new season fully healthy, so far, so f*ckin' good! The fact that Huggy says he's the best partner he's ever been paired up with says volumes. That's more than good enough for me. Pay the man!

• Like 1