[Trade] Henrique and Carrick to Edmonton

1 minute ago, stawns said:

If there's any truth to Van open to moving Lindy, it certainly ups his value.  The only issue is, it leaves a hole in Vans lineup 

What Suter and Blueger are solid bottom six centres.  I would say we need two wingers more than having Lindholm slotted in as a 3rd line centre.

If a Lindholm for Guentzel swap can happen and end up with us having Guentzel at 50% retained we could have extra cap space plus be much better for a run.

When healthy:
Guentzel-Petterson-Greenway
Hoglander-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Mikheyev-Suter-Lafferty
PDG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

What Suter and Blueger are solid bottom six centres.  I would say we need two wingers more than having Lindholm slotted in as a 3rd line centre.

If a Lindholm for Guentzel swap can happen and end up with us having Guentzel at 50% retained we could have extra cap space plus be much better for a run.

When healthy:
Hoglander-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Mikheyev-Suter-Lafferty
PDG

Who is going to win those key draws at key situations if Lindy is gone?  He won several of them last night alone.

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

If there's any truth to Van open to moving Lindy, it certainly ups his value.  The only issue is, it leaves a hole in Vans lineup 

I think that report was baseless. He provides so much more defensively than Monahan/Henrique, and didn't cost much more.

And if there were an injury to either Miller or Pettersson, we'd be hooped without Lindholm.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I think that report was baseless. He provides so much more defensively than Monahan/Henrique, and didn't cost much more.

And if there were an injury to either Miller or Pettersson, we'd be hooped without Lindholm.

Agree completely 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Neither of these guys are that great. Carrick wouldn't crack our line-up right now, and Henrique would be our 4th best C by a fair margin.

Still, Henrique is an improvement for the Oilers at 3C. Wouldn't be scared about it though.

agreed, I do however think he is the right kind of addition for the Oilers at this time. 

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

The Oilers already have their middle-six centres tied down in Nuge and McLeod.  It's made them a very stingy, defensively sound team.  So adding Henrique as an additional option who can move up and down the lineup is something I'm sure they'll exploit.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

When healthy:
Hoglander-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Mikheyev-Suter-Lafferty
PDG

Offensively this line up would probably do quite well. I still don't see us moving Lindholm unless it's a big overpayment as he adds so much to our team defensively. Having a right handed C who can win draws and is really good defensively with offensively ability (albeit lacking right now) is really going to be important in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

Who is going to win those key draws at key situations if Lindy is gone?  He won several of them last night alone.

What?  You do know our record before Lindholm was much better than after we got him right?  We managed just fine with faceoffs for the season.

Miller - 55.5% FOW
Blueger - 52.7% FOW
Petterson - 49.9% FOW

Those are solid numbers, and even if they weren't.... face off wins have virtually no correlation to winning in the NHL.  You know what correlates really strongly to wins?  Goals and assists...

https://www.si.com/nhl/2017/03/03/illustrated-review-importance-nhl-faceoff#:~:text=Nothing has indicated there is,offs%2C and winning hockey games.&text=No team has won more,659 points-percentage.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Never underestimate the desire to play meaningful hockey in April and beyond. 

I’m just talking about the change in locales. Wives will pretend to be happy for them but are devastated lol

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I’m just talking about the change in locales. Wives will pretend to be happy for them but are devastated lol

I know what you meant and you’re not wrong! Good for the players though who get a chance at a Cup though. 

40 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

I just heard henrique and Carrick are livid because they have to live in Edmonton 

No shit! From sunny Southern California to Deadmonton! 😆

• ThereItIs 1