[Trade] Henrique and Carrick to Edmonton

27 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Imagine having to move from Southern California to Edmonton :classic_unsure:

Its only for a cpl months; which can earn a cpl extra mill when negotiating a contract in July if they do well? Which, aside from not having a choice, is why they do it!

Otherwise, even more likely, its then just a cpl weeks & off golfing anyway...  

🤠

I hate to say it but I love the pickup for them. Would have loved to add these guys to the canucks.  

I don't think we could have afforded the cost paid from a canucks stand point. So good for the Dux. 

I don't think it will do Edmonton and good. Their problem isn't the supporting cast. 

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

So Tampa is eating 25% of that contract for a 4th round pick?

I guess that means they don’t plan on adding much or anything at the deadline?

Edited by Provost

28 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Its only for a cpl months; which can earn a cpl extra mill when negotiating a contract in July if they do well? Which, aside from not having a choice, is why they do it!

Otherwise, even more likely, its then just a cpl weeks & off golfing anyway...  

🤠

He could always just refuse to report.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Oilers are now capped out unless they move another salary out.

Aye, hard to say who'd they'd move out

If I were them I'd be inquiring about Edmundson 

Edited by Coconuts

Actually a very good trade for Edmonton. They seem to finally be starting to address their issues. Henrique might be older but he's been a fantastic matchup player his entire career and Carrick brings more physicality.

Edmonton's defense is still thin, but having better defensive forwards certainly helps.

17 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Actually a very good trade for Edmonton. They seem to finally be starting to address their issues. Henrique might be older but he's been a fantastic matchup player his entire career and Carrick brings more physicality.

Edmonton's defense is still thin, but having better defensive forwards certainly helps.

Not when you're paying McDiver and Crysaitl half the game and they refuse to backcheck.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Does Adam Henrique play defence?  Cause Edmonton needs a defenceman or 3...

They are one of the best teams in terms of goals against, goals against per game and shots against. Not sure why people are of the mindset that team is horrid defensively. Well, I assume it's cause their goalies couldn't stop a beach ball early. But they aren't desperate for help defensively. Sure, more depth is good. But it's not like they need "3" d-men.

53 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

dunno, don't really see this as moving the needle much, in fact it might give us some easier match ups at home.

Edmonton needed more defence, but went for more sub par defensive Fs.

More defence for sure. I don’t know about their goaltending. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

They are one of the best teams in terms of goals against, goals against per game and shots against. Not sure why people are of the mindset that team is horrid defensively. Well, I assume it's cause their goalies couldn't stop a beach ball early. But they aren't desperate for help defensively. Sure, more depth is good. But it's not like they need "3" d-men.

Ekholm is there only NHLer back there m. Nurse belongs in the PWHL, Bouchard belongs in the ECHL, and the remainder is AHL trash.  You can't win in the playoffs with that group.